Chapter 13

Once again Harry woke after sleeping so deep and so well, he felt more refreshed than he could ever remember being.
His parents and grandparents bid him good morning as did Dobby. Hedwig appeared as he was dressing. The letter from Mcgonagall tied to her leg. She was very happy to say that Harry could take runes and arithmancy instead of diviation and free study. Ron wouldn't be pleased but he couldn't endure another year of that batty woman predicting his death ever lesson. When his mum asked what his plans were for the day he remembered Remus would be here soon. James was jumping in his frame at the chance to see his friend again, Lily scolded him like you would a toddler. Harry began to look through the trunks to make the time go faster with his grandfather's instructions he learned how to use the grimoires. His mother was telling him all about her favourite book when there was a knock on the door.
Harry waved off Dobby as he went to the door. Once he had opened it Harry drank in the sight of his old yet new teacher. Shabbily dressed in threadbare robes Harry thought there was no better sight.
"Unlce Mooney," Harry said half sobbing with joy, rushing to hug the wolf. Remus gladly accepted the hug secretly pleased his cub remembered him. Pulling him inside and shutting the door all without letting him go. "I am so glad you could make it."
"I was pleasantly surprised to hear from you and of course I would come to see you." He said a little bemused at the welcome. "Your mother would have hexes me to oblivion if I didn't."
"Damn right I would." Lily said from her frame on the wall.
Remus started at the sight of his friends paintings and was looking back and forth from Harry to the pictures.
"How...who...what..when?" Remus began not really believing his eyes.
"Oh come on moons you were the brains of our outfit and that's the best you could come up with." Said James chiding his old friend.
"I never thought that hey had a portrait done before they died. But I am glad to be able to talk to you again. And you Mr and Mrs Potter." Remus said inclining his head to Harry's grandparents.
"Pleasure to see you too. Although you should take better care of yourself you are looking a little worn." Said Mrs Potter. After making a little small talk Harry told Remus the reason he was there. Harry explained about Sirius and Peter's situation. Remus was shocked and understandably angry with himself and Peter. They talked for the rest of the morning and when Dobby brought them both lunch Harry broached the subject of the will. He confirmed that Remus was a beneficiary and would be with Harry tomorrow. As they were clearing the table Harry noticed the postal box was lit up. Upon opening Harry found a letter from Silvershard asking him to meet a bit earlier so he could talk to him about the basilisk harvest with Professor Mcgonagall. Harry wrote a quick note confirming his attendance at 9:45am as the will reading was at 10:30am and sent it off with Hedwig. Explaining what had happened and what that was about he asked Remus, once he had recovered from his shock if he would accompany him to get some muggle clothes. After he said he would they went together to the bank to change his money into muggle notes and they left via the leaky cauldron. Harry had a great afternoon talking with Remus and getting all the clothes and shoes he needed. They even found a little arcade and had fun trying to play the different games. Returning to the Leaky Cauldon they found Dobby setting the table for dinner. Remus was greeted enthusiastically by the paintings and had no choice but to stay for the meal. After they had eaten they all chatted well into the night, eventually Harry fell asleep on Remus's shoulder and he decided to call it a night. After Harry insisted he stay and Remus let him pay for the room he went to sleep quickly saying goodnight to his mum and dad.

The next morning Harry was full of excitement. Today was the day the will would be read and the process to free Sirius would begin. Checking the time Harry saw it was nearly 9:00am he head never slept that late before. After a quick but tasty breakfast Harry rushed to be ready to meet Professor Mcgonagall. Harry arrived only just on time having knocked to remind Remus he had to be there early and would see him soon.
Griphook appeared as he was about to join the cue for the tellers, following the elf to Silvershards office.
Today there were two chairs at the desk one was occupied by his stern head of house. The gleam of curiosity in her eyes as she looked at Harry, he sat next to the Professor after greeting them both.
"Madam Mcgonagall you are here today not just as a beneficiary of the Potter's will be also as deputy head of hogwarts. Mr Potter has engaged us in the retrieval and rendering of the basilisk carcass in the chamber of secrets below hogwarts." Silvershard explained as she looked on with growing suprise. "Mr Potter has asked that it be done before the school year begins and hopes that you can facilitate a day and time for this to happen."
"A Basilisk?!" Said Professor Mcgonagall in shock. "That batty, cantankerous old coot he knew didn't he what that creature was! I'll skin him alive when I get my hands on him." As she spoke she jumped up and began to pace back and forth across the room. Her tone and demeaner reminded Harry of the first year when she caught them out of bed after sending Norbert off to Romania.
"Would you like to see the memory of the event?" Silvershard asked. "It proves beyond a shadow of doubt that Harry saved the school from that beast."
This stopped Mcgonagall in her tracks she turned to the Goblin and said.
"I was never in any doubt but I would like to see the memory regardless. But before that I do believe the 28th would be acceptable as the teacher arrive back on the 27th to begin preparing for the school year." As she spoke she returned to her seat.
"Excellent if you could meet as at the gates at 9:30am we will hopefully be away well before lunch." Said Silvershard glancing at his watch and pulling the pensive from the draw of his desk. "We have enough time to view the memory before the reading if you would Madam Mcgonagall." The goblin gestured towards the pensive and vanished into the memory.
"Well that went better than I thought it would." Harry remarked. "Will I be able to travel with you Silvershard or should I make other arrangements?"
"Goblin travel is not suitable for wizards perhaps Madam Mcgonagall will assist you." He said.
After a few minutes of small talk Minerva Mcgonagall exited the pensive looking shaken and pale.
"Mr Potter, Harry you are far braver than I ever thought possible. I...I....I just don't have words to describe how proud I am of you." Said Mcgonagall at last. At her words Harry blushed even in the future she had never said anything so kind to him.
"Th..thank you Professor but I just did what I thought was right." Harry stammered. "Although knowing what I know now I would have come to you and it would have got cleaned up much faster and with less injuries too."
Both adults chuckled at Harry's assessment of the past and Minerva silently agreed with him.
"I am afraid we must be going the reading will start soon." Silvershard interjected.
"Of course." Said Harry and he jumped to his feet.
"Yes we wouldn't want to delay things anymore." Said Mcgonagall dryly.
As they followed the goblin Harry asked. "Professor I have to be the one to open the chamber how am I going to get to hogwarts?"
"As deputy head I have a private floo I will send you a note with the days password and a time as soon as possible." She replied.
"Ok thank you Professor." Harry said with a smile that made the old Professor stumble, for a moment it as like looking into the past. Another boy with a mischievous smile popped up in her memory. Fighting back the tears suddenly clouding her vision she stepped into a large conference room. Seated around the table were many old friends. They all settled into their seats and waited for the goblin to begin.