Chapter 26

Tonks rushed from the floo to her training officer Kingsley Shackbolt. He looked up from his papers as just call me Tonks practically ran towards him.
"I have to report a death." She exclaimed slightly out of breath. "Lord Malfoy was killed in the Black family meeting."
Kingsley gasped at her words and his mind began to turn. Obviously Tonks couldn't be involved in the investigation. This went far over his head too.
"Wait here for me. Scrimgeour went for a meeting with Madam Bones I think I best inform them. Don't speak to anyone till I get back." He said almost sprinting from the room. Heading straight for Madam Bones's office he was met by the head auror Rufus Scrimgeour returning to his own office. Stopping the man Kingsley spoke.
"Sir my trainee just came to let me know of something that needs investigation."
"Well spit it out what's going on." Rufus replied.
"I think it would be better to go to Madam Bones's office as this is a delicate  matter." Kingsley said solemnly. Taking note of the tone Rufus turned and marched back the way he came Kingsley following. Once inside he turned to Kingsley and said "Well what's all the fuss about."
"Madam Bones." Kingsley said greeting his boss. "A few moments ago trainee auror Tonks came to me reporting that Lucius Malfoy was dead. She asked for the day off to attend the first Black family meeting in a decade. I think it's safe to say Malfoy must have done something to inact the family magic's."
"You may be right about that but it must be investigated properly." Amelia said sternly.
"Yes this must be beyond reproach." Rufus agreed. "Do you want to head this or shall I?"
"Together I think would be best so no one can say we were partial to any side." Amelia said.
"Trainee Tonks is waiting by my desk." Kingsley said. "Shall I escort her here or should we use the office floo?"
"We will follow you and use the office floo. Collect Robbards, Smythe and Dawlish to help with the memory collection and interviews." Rufus added. Collecting Tonks on the way they flooed to Grimmauld Place and Kreacher met them at the fireplace and directed them to the other and the body.

                ----------------------------------

Upon entering the sitting room the Tonkses and Sirius were comforting Lady Malfoy and Harry and Draco were talking quietly in the corner. They immediately began to separate and question each person in the house and the elves. Sirius told of his disowning of the Lestrange's, the calling of judgement down upon them, and the return of the Tonkses to the family. They each told how Sirius was about to tell Lucius what would happen and how he attacked them. How the family magic rose up to defend the head of house. After extensive investigation and the watching of memories they declared that there was no wrong doing in Lord Malfoy's death. Narcissisa had been given a calming draft and sent to lie down with Draco and Harry watching over her.
After all was said and done Rufus Scrimgeour was among the last to leave.
"Did you really call the magic's to judge Bellatrix?" He asked in disbelief.
"Yes it was no more than she deserved." Sirius replied. "If I could have done it on the whole blasted lot of them I would have done so."
"So would I, so would I." Rufus said nodding to Sirius. "I guess it's a good job we are not in charge hey." Waving goodbye he stepped into the floo and disappeared in a flash of green smoke.
Sirius returned to the room where Narcissisa was resting. There was still so much to be done.

                 -------------------------------

Draco sat by his mother's side still suffering from his father's cruciatus curse. He still couldn't believe he was gone. That he would never hurt them again. Lucius Malfoy had never been a warm man but these last few years he gad been especially cruel to both him and his mother. Draco sat there trying to find it within himself to be sad at his father's passing but all he could think was he was free. His mother was free. His thoughts were his own, he could from his own opinions not just parrot his father's. If only he could eat without spilling food everywhere things would be better.
Harry watched his cousin struggle to eat not asking for help. He couldn't help but think of the muggle saying pride goes before the fall. And Draco was a very proud boy. Sirius was also watching the boy he turned to his cousin Andi to ask a question and found her asleep holding her sister's hand.
"Well I was going to ask Andi if she had any remedies to help you." He said to Draco chuckling. "But I think we have worn her out."
Both boys looked towards the women to find them sleeping peacefully.
"My godfather has developed a potion for the after effects but father never let him give it to me until I had to go back to school." Draco said quietly so as not to disturb his mother.
"Who is your godfather?" Sirius asked. "Can we contact him to help you?"
Draco seemed to hesitate, unsure of how this would be taken. Sure Sirius had helped him and his mother but Severus Snape was a different story. Taking a wild guess as to who Draco's godfather was Harry spoke up.
"It's Professor snape isn't it he's your godfather?" He asked dreading Sirius's response. And as Draco nodded Sirius exploded in a fit of curses, in a low voice so as not to disturb the others.
He couldn't believe snivellus was a teacher at hogwarts let alone godfather to one of his family. God he was going to have to be civil to the man wasn't he?! Hating the thought but pushing it down to help Draco.
"Do you have a way to contact him for help?" He asked through gritted teeth.
"Yes, normally father sends a house elf to him, and he sends potions back or if it's possible he comes himself." Draco replied.
"Would Dobby know where to find him?" Harry asked.
"Dobby!? dad said he killed him." Draco said confused.
"Well actually I tricked your father into freeing him." Harry smirked at Draco. "He works for me now."
"Well in that case Dobby should be able to find uncle Sev." Said the still confused boy.
"Uncle Sev that's just weird." Harry shuddered making them both laugh.
Ted then popped in to the room and saw his sleeping wife and the laughing males  and began shaking his head.
"I am going to go home with Dora can you let Andi know when she wakes." He said chuckling.
"No problem, but don't you want to wake her?" Sirius asked.
"You never wake a sleeping Black." Said Ted and Draco in unison making Harry and Sirius laugh once again. The other two shared a proud look between them, as they had both learned that lesson long ago. Bidding them farewell Ted left leaving the others to take care of the women.

               ---------------------------------

Severus Snape was just about to change ready for sleep when the Malfoy's old elf Dobby popped in surprising him. Last he knew that elf had been freed by Harry Potter so what was he doing here?
"Mr Snape sir, this letter does be for you." Dobby said holding a note in his hands. "Dobby is supposed to wait for a reply."
Severus took the note glaring at the elf for interrupting his evening.
Dear Uncle Sev,
          Father has died, mother and I are with the rest of the Black's. Please can you help as mother and I are suffering from cruciatus exposure. Dobby will bring you to where we are staying. Please come
     Draco
Severus was shocked, Lucius dead how and what? The mention of Black had him grinding his teeth. But his godson needed him so he began to mentally list what potions he would need and how long he had to brew more.
"I have several potions to collect." He said to the elf. "Wait here while I pack them."
Once the elf nodded he swept from the room and went down to his potions lab. Unsealing a potions chest he removed some and added other muttering under his breath. Once finished he sealed the chest and returned to the elf.
"I'm ready." He announced. Dobby held out his hand and with the familiar pressure of apperation he appeared in Grimmauld Place.
The elf guided him to a sitting room with Narcissisa asleep on the sofa looking paler than usual. Draco was seated near a table playing chess with Potter of all people. But the most notable was Black rising from a chair to stand infront of him.
"Snape." Sirius said in a cold tone.
"Black." He replied mirroring the others tone.
"It has been a long time and I hope we can put the past behind us." Sirius said trying for civility and failing. "Before anything I should explain the events of today. We held a family meeting as you will be aware the family magic's were invoked to keep the meeting civil and safe. After I announced the Tonkses return to the family, I cast Bella and her husband out of the Black family and called judgement on them. After doing so I began to outline the conditions I would expect under the primacy agreement my grandfather arranged between the Black's and Malfoy's. Lucius drew his wand and attempted the killing curse directed at me, this caused the magic's to respond resulting in his death."
Severus was shocked by Sirius explanation but he knew not to attack when the magic's were invoked. Shaking his head at Lucius's idiocy.
"Well that is certainly like him." Severus drawled. "He might have even planned to die that way so you couldn't have control over him."
"Maybe, well probably but I should let you see to Draco now his shaking is worse than Cissy's." Sirius replied moving aside to let him past.
"I will have to do a diagnostic check, I promise no ill will to anyone in the house." He said slowly drawing his wand. Sirius nodded his assent and Severus waved it in a complicated pattern. A sheet of parchment appeared and Severus read it carefully. Opening the potions chest he withdrew several small vials and one big one. Mixing a few things together the helped Draco drink as he was still shaking to much to do it himself. After a few seconds his shakes stopped and Draco smiled in relief. A sickly green potion and a dark brown one were given to Draco with instructions to drink them in the morning. Severus watched Draco for a few moments then when he seemed satisfied the boy was ok he turned to Narcissisa. Waving his wand yet again he frowned at the results and his face darkened significantly. Spelling a few potions in to her stomach and placing the same ones he had left for Draco with instructions to take them in the morning. He turned and gestured to Sirius and left the room. Although both boys were curious Sirius told them to stay where they were.
Following Snape from the room Sirius breezed past him and into the library. Severus followed and closed the door behind him cast a few privacy wards.
"I'm guessing there was something you would rather Draco didn't hear." Sirius said.
"Yes." Snape stated. "Lady Malfoy has been repeatedly and viciously raped many times in the last few days. This is beyond my talents. I suggest you contact a healer. I know a few discrete ones who don't ask questions."
"That won't be necessary." Sirius almost barked out seething at the fact he could no longer get his revenge on Lucius.
"I would guess by your face you are mad you can't get revenge." Snape said emotionlessly. "The depths of hell are to good for the likes of him."
"I believe that's the first thing we have agreed on ever." Sirius said brightening slightly. "I can be civil if you can."
"Agreed for their sake." Snape replied.
"Andi is a healer so I will ask her to give Narcissisa a full check up." Sirius added.
"Good." Said Snape. "I have to go to hogwarts tomorrow to prepare for the start of term. But you can tell Narcissisa I will be available by letter if she needs anything."
"Very well." Sirius said evenly. "Best say goodbye to Draco or he will be cross with uncle Sev." Sirius was not grown up enough not to have enjoyed the grimace on Snape's face when he said it.
He was still chuckling as he led Severus back to the boys. When he entered the room he noticed that the women had woken and Draco was currently sat next to his mother cuddling into his side. After a bit of small talk Severus bid them farewell and returned home.