Chapter 49

After that the flood gates opened and Harry was questioned well into the early hours of the morning.
To Sirius and Remus it explained so many things about his behaviour.
The only sticky moment came when Dumbledork asked Harry why he didn't trust him with the information before this. Harry's reply had most in disbelief and Fred and George falling on the floor laughing.
"Headmaster you willfully and completely ignored my parents will. Stuck my godfather in prison. Sent me to a house to be beaten starved and abused by all who lived there. Made yourself my magical guardian and never checked on me. Sent someone (no offence Hagrid) who could not possibly be able to explain everything I needed to know about being a wizard and what I meant to the wizarding world as my introduction. Left me more ignorant that a muggleborn and not only kept my heritage from me but failed to give me knowledge about my parents and you have the gall to ask why I don't trust you." Harry said angrily. "I am sorry you maybe a great wizard but you seem to forget that I am a person not a chess piece or a weapon you can maneuver whenever you want to."
Dumbledore felt throughly embarrassed and chastised. He could not deny the mistakes fhat had been made and the terrible miscalculations that he had made for the 'greater good'  how wrong had he gotten things. He could see Harry had plenty of anger towards him and he could hardly blame the bo- no man.
"I remember an old muggle saying" Dumbledore said softly. "The only way for evil to flourish is for a good man to do nothing. I can see how wrong I have been. The prophecy blinded me to so much. I can only hope one day you will be able to forgive me. Minerva I will be writing to the board in the morning I believe it is time for me to retire and reconnect with some old friends. I will of course recommend that you become the new headmistress. I can only hope the board will listen to me. Harry I will interfere in your life no longer and I wish you a long and peaceful life."
"Albus," Harry called as he turned to leave the room. "I may not like your decisions but as bad as things were you at least tried to do the right thing. The only problem you have is believing you are right and that your way was the only way. Safe travels Headmaster."
"Safe travels to you too Heir Potter-Black." Ablus said leaving the room with misty eyes absent of the twinkle that had dominated for so long. Harry felt a pang of something at the man's retreat.
The majority of the room was shaken by the exit but most could not help but feel glad the man wouldn't be meddling in things in the future.

            ‐---‐-------------------------

Days passed and those that knew Harry could see a difference and lightness about him. The dark cloud that hung over his head for so long was gone. It was soon confirmed that Minerva would take over as headmistress of hogwarts. It became the most progressive and successful magical school in the world, providing many who would go in to become masters in their fields of expertise.

Severus had had enough of teaching and opened his own apothecary. It did quite well and the new potions teacher was just as strict but nowhere near as bullying as Severus had been. Severus found a loving American herbologist and they moved to her home country. Although he did send birthday cards to 'the boy who lived' every year until his death. Harry for his part sent his own reply to 'Snivellus' for his birthday every year, a source of laughter for the both of them.

Draco went from a bullying ferret to a polite well mannered Lord Malfoy once he was of age. He married Astoria Greengrass and lived happily a completely different man from the one who he had been under his father.

The twins rose to high success with their business W,W,W stores all round the wizarding world. Fred married Katie and George married Angelina they each had a set of twins within a month of each other. When the news reached Minerva she promptly put on for retirement and told anyone who would listen that one set of demon twins was enough she was not going through that again.

Charlie stayed happily single mich to the consternation of his mother. He went on to manage the dragon reserve in Romania and raise many baby dragons.

Bill and Fleur had a long talk and realised they had much in common. It took until Ginny turned 18 for then to announce their engagement and they lived well in shell cottage for many years.

Percy wasted no time proposing to Penelope Clearwater once he had left hogwarts and gave his mother her first of many grandchildren. He went on to be the youngest Minister in history and revamped many of the old fashioned laws and stipulations preventing Britain's magical world from progressing.

Neville married Luna and they split their time between Hogwarts where Neville taught and travelling looking for new creatures for Luna and new plants for Neville. Their sons Frank and Rufus were a perfect blend of both of them.

Remus was brow beaten by both Harry and Sirius to give Tonks a chance and they lived happily for many years. Teddy was not their only child he had a brother Harrison and a sister Cassiopeia who were the light of his life. None carried on his curse. Unfortunately the tole that transforming in to a werewolf ended Remus's life when he was only 64 years old. Tonks lived as best she could in the years that followed but her heart was broken by the loss.

Sirius eventually married a beautiful veela he had met while travelling and had a son of his own who he namwd after Regulas. Kreacher doted on the boy. Sirius took the loss of his oldest friend hard and tried to shut himself up in Grimmauld Place until Harry caught wind of it and knocked some sense into the old dog.

Molly was over the moon at the weddings and grand babies. She spent much of her time going from house to house babysitting and loving each and everyone of them. Arthur had an investment that earned him a huge wind fall and with the restrictions on experimenting with muggle technology loosening he started his own company and gained a fortune that had the Weasley's coffers full once again.

Ron and Hermione eventually married and had two children Rose and Hugo. Hermione served as undersecretary to the Miniter for much of Percy's term and took over as the first muggleborn Minister. Ron became the keeper for the Chudley Cannons and played for England until a stray bludger ended his quidditch career he then headed up the department of sports and games till his retired at 93 years old.

Harry married Ginny and although he still had his problems with the memories he over came them. Ginny joined the holyhead harpies and enjoyed a good career until her first child was born. Harry became an Unspeakable and rose to become head after Croaker died. He lived and loved well and was happy with his life. The three kids he had with his wife were the icing on the cake for him. James was the fun outgoing happy child that Harry should have been. Lily was the apple of his eye. Albus was the only one who inherited his mother's eye colour.

As for Albus his exit from the public life and hogwarts was met with a mixed reaction some begged him to return and some were glad he was gone. Rita Skeeter set up an Dumbledore spotter column in witch weekly but the sightings were few and far between. He faded into obscurity and when news eventually reached Britain of his demise not even his brother was much bothered by it. For all he had done he became a footnote of history.

History makes memories of us all.