Chapter 30

Whilst Sirius was responding to the many letters he had received, Albus Dumbledore was wishing he had stayed at the I.W.C meeting.
The once kindly Filius Flitwick was giving him a glare that was purely goblin. Pomona Sprout normally amiable was openly hostile and argumentative. Minerva was still giving him that glare that made him want to sink in his seat. Remus was not as openly hostile but neither was he friendly. The other professor's ranged from drunkenly crazed (Trelawney) to down rite rude. But worst of all Severus Snape seemed to now distrust him. He was deliberately arguing with everything Albus said the way he used to with Minerva. The agenda a thing that should have only taken an hour or two at most had taken until lunch. The meal was eaten in silence with more than a few glares thrown his way. The distractions were so bad he had no time to come up with a plan regarding Harry.
Intending to dismiss them as they finished eating Minerva called for their attention.
"I have to let you all know that we will host a group of goblins, who are coming to harvest the corpse of the basilisk in the chamber of secrets." As she spoke they began to mummur and Albus's mood darkened. "As Harry Potter-Black is the only one who can open the chamber and as Potter-Black slew the basilisk he has claimed his rights over the carcass. Anyone who wishes to join us in the chamber my do so. Please be in the entrance hall at 9:45am. Thank you for your time I will be in my office preparing for the upcoming year."
As she bid them farewell they all began chatting excitedly.
"I for one would love to get a look at this chamber." Filius said enthusiastically. "I bet you wouldn't mind a look either hey Severus."
"Yes I believe it would be quite beneficial." He agreed inclining his head towards the man. Albus could take no more and left the room.
"Was it something I said?" Severus asked  dryly.
"I believe it was more that we ignored him." Pomona chuckled lightly causing a wave of laughter. They talked a little while longer and all agreed that going down into the chamber would be a wonderful thing.

                ----------------------------------

Back in his office Dumbledore was soothed by Fawkes's song. He was agitated they had ignored and defied him. His staff was turned against him and there was nothing he could think to do about it. Abruptly he rose from his seat and began to pace once again.
From a shelf the battered old sorting hat chuckled silently at the headmasters distress.

             -----------------------------------

While Dumbledore fruitlessly planned Harry was having fun with the Weasley's. They were all having the time of their lives Camden Market held so many stalls. Ron was in hog heaven with all the different types of food. Molly was mildly distressed at the sheer number of people but pleased with the verity of things on display. Arthur was like a kid on Christmas and had to be dragged away from one or two people before the obliviators had to be called. The twins found the muggle jokes fascinating and the girls loved the clothes. But the second hand book stall called to both Hermione and Percy who had to be dragged back to the Leaky Cauldron. After they met with Sirius who filled them in on the events of the day they eat a quiet ish dinner and went about their own pursuits.

Fred and George were busy planning new pranks for the new year. Ron got Percy to put his books down and play chess with him. Arthur and Molly were deep in discussion with Sirius for the plans for the next day. Hermione sat with Ginny talking about the chamber fiasco.
"Do you think Harry was disappointed we didn't want to go back down there?" Ginny asked quietly.
"No I think he understands." Hermione replied. "I still dream about being frozen sometimes. Sometimes I dream it happens again and I can see and head everything around me but I can't move. It's not as scary as what you went though but it frightens me."
"I thinking about going back and facing my fears." She admitted. "I think it would help I mean I was so confused afterwards. I need to go back there and put this behind me."
"That's brave of you." Hermione said eventually. "Maybe I should come too. I mean it might help my nightmares too."
"I think it would help us both." Ginny said with more conviction than she felt. "I best wait until morning to tell mum she would just try and talk me out of it."
"Yeah you are right she would." Hermione said. "But that's just her trying to protect you."
Smiling at her words Ginny moved the conversation on to other things.
Harry was answering a letter from Silvershard and talking quietly with his parents and grandparents. All arrangements were made and everything was in motion with any luck he could get the last easily accessible horcrux and be one step closer to finishing Moldywart for good. The last conscious thought Harry had was of the trials tomorrow would bring.
Harry recognised the achingly familiar sight of the forbidden forest. He couldn't control his feet they seemed to be moving on their own. Each step felt like he was moving through treacle. In a clearing up ahead he could see many Deatheaters surrounding a figure in a hooded robe. As he approached the figure threw back hid hood and spoke.
"Ah my boy well done." Dumbledore's grandfatherly demeanor surprisingly sinister in the dark of the forest. "Come to die at the proper time good job my boy."
Harry stood frozen as Dumbledore raised his wand the tip beginning to glow green.
"Adrav-"
"Master Harry  must wake up!" Dobby's desperate voice roused him from his nightmare.
"Thanks Dobby I'm ok now I promise." He tried to sooth the distraught elf, not really believing it himself. The dream so real so frightening, shaking him to his core. After all he had raised Harry like a lamb to the slaughter. How could he do that? How could he look me in the eye so many times and just lie right to my face. So much for the Leader of Light, more like the architect of doom.
"M-master Harry sir." Dobby stuttered shaking. "Please calm sir, yous don't want to hurt yourself." The little elf began pleading as Harry's magic unfurled itself wrecking the room. Drawing his power back as Sirius and Mr and Mrs Weasley burst into the room.
"Harry are you ok? Did someone attack you? Are you hurt?" Sirius asked pulling him into the hug checking for injuries.
"I'm ok honestly I am." He replied as they fussed over him and Dobby began to right the room. "I just had a nightmare and it scared me so my magic lashed out."
After a brief argument from Molly I  which Harry assured her he was fine several times she left him to Sirius's care. Once the door closed Sirius erected a silencing ward and turned to him.
"Now that they are gone may I have the truth please?" He half asked half ordered.
"It's just, well I did have a nightmare." Harry began trying to find a way to explain but not give his future knowledge away. "Dumbledore had to know about the horcrux in my head right? I mean he's the great Albus Dumbledore the Leader of the Light, defeater of Grindlewald and the only man Voldemort ever feared. So he had to know and he did nothing. He placed me with the Dursley's after Mcgonagall told him how horrible they were. But he still left me there. He stopped the will being read so I was stuck with the very people mum and dad never wanted me to be around. I just don't understand he's had all these years and he's done nothing about it. It just makes me so angry at him."
Sirius sat dumbfounded but agreeing with ever word Harry spoke. If Dumbledore had of read the will he wouldn't have spent years in prison  and could have been raising Harry gor years.
"I understand your anger and agree that Dumbledore has made many mistakes." Sirius said carefully. "I have already written to Professor Mcgonagall and she has agreed to be present for any meeting you have to have with the headmaster in my stead. I don't really trust the man right now so when we go tomorrow we should be on our guard ok?"
"Ok I was planning to be on guard anyway." Harry said looking relieved. "I just hope my anger doesn't get the best of me when I see him."
"Yes it would be such a shame if a burst of accidental magic knocked him on his arse." Sirius chuckled at the mental image. "I do know of some meditative techniques that might help you. I could also teach you some occlumency. It would help with the control of your magic."
"Thanks that's great." Harry said brightly trying to cover his panic. How do I explain my shields to Sirius without letting him know about the future? "I did find a book in the Black grimoire that has helped alot. But I'm sure you can help too."
"You have the Black Grimoire?" Sirius exclaimed.
"Yep when I claimed my heirships I went to the family vaults and got the Potter, Peverell and Black Grimoires so I could learn more about my family." Harry didn't mention the founders grimoires Sirius looked shocked enough. "Dobby could you bring the Black grimoire here please?"
As Dobby floated the book from the trunk Sirius's eyes seemed to light then darken very quickly. Lost in the memory of the last time he had seen that book. He had just turned 11 and his grandfather showed it to him in his study telling him how the future of the house of Black rested on his shoulders.
"Good here let me show you this." He said grabbing the book.
The rest of the night was spent deep in discussion with Dobby disturbing them in time for breakfast. Downing the pepperup potion the elf provided they went to eat.