Chapter 8

Harry eat his breakfast slowly silently wondering what was taking Dobby so long. Almost two hours had passed before Dobby returned trembling holding out the note to Harry, ignoring the outstretched hand Harry put a hand on his shoulder and asked."Are you ok?"
Dobby looked up with tears in his eyes "Master be worrying about Dobby, Dobby knew Harry Potter was a great wizard but Dobby didnt know how kind he was. Thank you for being the bestest Master in the whole world." Said the elf through his tears.
"Thanks for that Dobby but you didnt answer my question, are you ok?" Said Harry with a bit more forceful tone.
"Dobby best fine now but those goblins be scary when theys be mad." He said.
"Well as long as your ok, I will ask them if there is another way to send and receive messages in the future." Said Harry.
Opening the note now he had calmed down the little elf.
Mr Potter
    We at gringotts are distressed to learn that ade attempts to contact you have failed. To that end Griphook will be waiting for you at the banks entrance as soon as you can be here.
                                                              Regards
                                                            Head of Potter accounts
                                                             Silvershard
Right ok well I guess I know what I am doing this morning.
"I have to go to the bank now, did you want to join me or wait here?" Harry said turning to Dobby.
"Dobby will go with you Master Harry Potter sir." he said.
"Ok Dobby but just call me Harry or Master ok." Said Harry.
Walking towards the bank Harry passed a few people he knew from Hogwarts but no one stopped him.
As he made his way through the doors Griphook appeared and gestured to follow him. Harry and Dobby were led down many a winding hallway untill they came to a door marked "Silvershard Head of Potter Accounts" with a swift knock and an ancient sounding voice called "Enter".
Harry was ushered into a seat infront of the desk and the wizened old goblin spoke.
"You have my thanks Mr Potter we had thought that you were just ignoring our correspondence but to learn that you never got them in the first place is very disturbing. So we will begin this with allowing you to ask us the questions." Both goblins eyes widened when Harry pulled a piece of parchment from his pocket.
"Well firstly I am concerned that one or more spells have been put on me without my knowledge also that my health is not the best mostly due to the treatment of my legal guardians. Would you be able to arrange a full health check for me?" Harry said.
"That can be arranged, our clients privacy is most important to us." He said nodding to Griphook who returned the nod bowed to Harry and departed the room.
"Next on my list did my parents leave a will?" As Silvershard again nodded Harry continued,"I would like to ask you for a formal will reading."
"An excellent decision, we will be sending the notices immediately." The goblin countered silently impressed with this young boy sitting before him.
"Thank you for my next point I would like to have a full accounting of my vault and any property and investment's that I own once I am of age of course." Harry said.
"Of course Mr Potter we will be going over those things before this meeting ends." Silvershard said.
"I have two more things to add before we start that with your permission."Harry asked when Silvershard nodded for him to continue, "At the end of my last year at Hogwarts a slew a basilisk and I would like to know my rights regarding the carcass."
"My apologies Mr Potter did you say a basilisk?" The goblins asked with awe coloring his tone.
"Yes I would happily share the memory with is I could." As Harry spoke the goblin jumped to his feet and practically ran to an ornate cabinet to withdraw a pensive much more elaborate than the one in bumbledorks office.
"If you would share the memory with me so I can get an idea of the value of such a thing." He said returning to the desk with the pensive in tow.
"Oh erm ok I didnt know magic could allow you to view another's memories, how do I go about this?" Harry asked putting nervousness into his voice.
"It is quite simple Mr Potter just think of the incident and put your wand to your temple and a silvery mist should cling to the end of your wand then drop it into the pensive." Silvershard explained and Harry followed the instructions and Silvershard soon disappeared into the memory.
"You doing ok Dobby?" Harry asked turning towards the elf who stood just to his right.
"Yes Master Dobby bes ok." He said brightening slightly it was then Harry noticed that he was still standing.
"Why aren't you sitting down Dobby?" He asked and the little elf began to tear up.
"Master would let Dobby sit in his presence -" Dobby began. Seeing another tirade of praise harry cut the elf off.
"Dobby it looks like we will be here awhile yet." He said. A spark of genius made Harry add, "If you could get some money from my vault and get me some new clothes instead of just standing there I would be grateful." Dobby began to dance on the spot and said "If Dobby could get Master's measurements, then Dobby would be happy to."
"Alright Dobby but just some casual clothes and maybe one set of dress robes don't go to crazy ok." Said Harry laughing at the elfs enthusiasm and began to stand so the elf could measure him.
"Be sure to get him some good shoes too elf." Said Griphook from the doorway. After dobby had finished Silvershard had emerged from the pensive. After a quick conversation in gobblediegook Silvershard withdrew a bag from his desk and gave it to Harry.
"This bag is tied to your trust vault, once activated you need not come in to withdraw money the bag will do it automatically all you have to do is repeat the price and the gold will appear in the bag. Yes it will work for your elf as long as you are bonded." Silvershard said as Harry handed Dobby the bag.
"Right off you go then Dobby nothing brightly coloured and not too much two outfits and one set of dress robes ok." Harry said and the elf bowed and popped away.
"Well Mr Potter you do have the right to the carcass and we at gringotts would be more than happy to arrange the clean up and auction of the profitable parts," Silvershard hesitated "For a mere 50% of the profits."
"I'm sorry but maybe only 10%." Said Harry firmly though he shaking in his boots.
"40%" said the goblin.
"15%" said Harry.
"35%"
"20%"
"30" said the goblin seemingly enjoying the bartering.
"25% my final offer." Said Harry with more confidence than he began with.
Silvershard glared at him for a long moment and then said "Deal. Mr Potter you drive a hard bargain my wd join on many a profitable endeavor together."
Harry inclined his head to the goblin. "Of course I will need to be present to open the chamber and for the team you will send to get out again." Harry thought for a moment. "I will contact my head of house and let you know when we will be allowed to enter the grounds."
"Very well Mr Potter is that all you wished to discuss?" Silvershard asked remembering the list Harry had brought with him.
"Yes one last thing what do you know of horcruxes?" He asked.