||~𝔗𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱~||

"It is a pleasure to have you here Queen Harumi

"It is a pleasure to have you here Queen Harumi. I'll admit when the missive came that a forest nymph wanted to meet with the tribes that lived within the forest of Jura I was sceptical of its authenticity. But it would be absurd to not take a chance if it were indeed true that a nymph had returned to the forest and wanted to take tribes under her" a male elf says as he walks next to Harumi through the settlement. 

Harumi had to admit their home was more advanced than that of most other tribes she had visited. But despite its advancement the people there seemed scared and timid of her party. The air is heavy with fear and distrust making Harumi think there is something more wrong here. 

"Well I knew that there would be some doubts. It's been a very long time since there was a nymph reigning over the area let alone alive. I hope to change this forest for the better and make it a place more prosperous for those who reside within it. I also wish to take in any tribe under my protection if they desire it. I do appreciate you allowing me to come here even with your reservations" Harumi tells him as she puts her earlier thoughts on hold for the moment.

He takes her into a decent sized building and they sit down in a conference room of sorts where he nods to another elven lady who grabs something to drink for the group.

 "Of course. I'm just not understanding why you made the trip out here if I am being completely honest. I had sent back the missive with the blue haired oni that we agreed to join you so I thought there wouldn't be any further contact beyond that" the man says as he takes a drink. 

"Are you though? Being honest" Harumi's question startles him and he chokes on the amber liquid while she continues "It's not honesty I am worried about from you really, it's what you are holding back that is the concern here. The air is pungent with trauma. I want to know what has been plaguing you and your people that has caused such a dreadful feeling to linger here."

The elven man grimaces and stares into the remaining contents of his glass "You see we elves were protected by an illusion barrier that caused confusion and hid our homes. About a hundred years ago the barrier fell. This was at the height of the war between the Mezu and Gozu. We were forced to find a new place to settle but traversing the Jura forest was dangerous due to its expanse and the monsters within it. Some of us tried to settle closer to the human nations and it did not go well. Most of the tribes were captured and sold into slavery and the rest retreated back into the forest. Our luck was still bad even if we were not dealing directly with the humans. Slavers still came within the forest and captured all who were vulnerable. Poachers raided our encampment and bled the surrounding land dry" the man takes a deep breath that slighrtly shudders before continuing.