S1-5

[CHAPTER 5]
sports festival with a drill.

Wow, everything went so fast that it was already the sports festival in their school.

To Airin, this is the most boring event of the year. She can outwit anyone in everything, so she doesn't want to participate, but her mom wants her to join because she never joined any events in London back then.

"Listen, guys! Our only goal today is to be number 1!" The class representative of their section Hairo is giving a motivational and inspiring speech to his classmates, making them fired up. She's having second-hand embarrassment, as they're acting like soldiers who will join the war. She then noticed her mom talking to an unfamiliar couple when she avoided her gaze at them.

'She's having friends with other parents again. Another second-hand embarrassment.'

"NEVER GIVE UP, CLASS 3!!" The others continued to cheer and the event hasn't even started yet.

Airin proceeds to tie her hair in a high ponytail using a yellow ribbon and just waits for the event to start. The first event was the boys' 100-meter dash. Saiki is the first one to run.

"Kuu, go for it!"

"I'm recording you, kinda...!" His parents, Kuniharu and Kurumi, cheered for Kusuo. They're the ones Yui was talking with earlier. Airin didn't recognize them easily, as she thought they were just background characters because of the hair colors.

Things went short... he is in third place. Hairo admitted that the rest of the people in the race are track and field members and asked him to join.

'I'm expecting he won't.' She said to herself while looking at Saiki's uninterested face.

Next up is Kaidou, ending up in last place with Takahashi— what the hell's wrong with the male students in their section? Anyway, the next event was a co-ed three-leg race. An event she dislikes the most because imagine a guy holding you– ew, no.

A random guy named Sawakita and Teruhashi– is she introduced in the story yet? Yeah her, the two of them. They talked about something and Sawakita ended up carrying Teruhashi. Sawakita was running fast with one leg and they got first place. They even got to have additional 300 points.

Airin on the other hand was frowning at Sawakita. She thought it was not fair to the other players.

'HUH-- WHAT THE HECK? THAT'S CHEATING!' The guy noticed her glaring at him and ran away.

Imagine being a background character and having a chance to carry the perfect pretty popular girl to a race but ending up making the main character hate you.

"Ha! Scavenger hunt race, huh? We're not kids, geez! Who on Earth is going to do that?" Nendou asked.

'It's you.'

Everyone didn't expect Nendou to be incredibly fast when the race began. He's the first one to have the paper and read it. He ran fast toward their section and unexpectedly picked up Saiki's limiter. He stumbled in front of Airin, she caught him and ended up with him lying on her lap.

"SAIKI!" everyone was worried. He's in Airin's arms so he's still fine but unconscious.

"What's going on? Are you okay, Saiki?!" Hairo asked, they looked at Saiki who had a weird face. Did I mention he's drooling?

"WHY ARE YOU MAKING THAT FACE!?"

"THE HELL'S GOING ON?!"

"Why are you asking him?! He's not fine! Put it back!" Airin said. Hairo snatched the limiter from Nendou to put it back. He gained consciousness a few seconds later. Airin sighed in relief as Saiki got up on his own.