S1-16

[CHAPTER 16]

Spring break has ended, and a new semester has begun. As usual, Airin walks through the hallway, not caring about the whispers and gossip of a few students around her, most of them were glancing at her before returning to what they were doing.

"Oh, hey! What club are you in?"

"Sepak Takraw." (It's like volleyball, but the players are using their feet)

"What's that?"

"Huh? You know sports, so you should know about it?!"

'Oh, right. Everyone's worked up to recruit members to their school clubs. Well, last year I got a lot of invitations but I kind of scared them off. Since then no one has tried to approach and invite me to join their club ever again.'  

While doing a self-narration, she noticed Saiki coming inside their classroom with Reita running towards him, calling him out. Saiki just slammed the door, hitting Reita's face before he could enter. Whimpering in pain, he noticed Airin from the other door in the classroom. He was also about to approach her when she did the same thing Saiki did. Again, his face was hit twice.

"Geez, that hurts! That door hit me right in the face... You totally closed it right after our eyes met, didn't you?!" He exclaimed, rubbing his cheeks. The one he was talking with was just looking at him blankly while eating, not listening at all.

"If you keep ignoring me, I might just tell everyone you're an esper~" Reita tried to tease Kusuo.

"Why don't you try it? We'll find out who's faster, you telling everyone or me ripping out your vocal cords." 

"L-LET'S NOT! I'M SORRY!!"

When things calmed down, Kusuo finally asked his intention. "And? What do you want?"

"The truth is there's something I wanted to ask you..."

"I'm not joining a club."

"Do you want to join a club with me, Saiki!?"

"As I said, I'm not doing that."

"You know everyone's into the whole club recruiting thing now, right? We've got to get in on this too! Ride the big wave!"

"You're just after the new first-year girls, aren't you." No, it's not a question. It is a statement. And his statement is right.

"That's why I was thinking we could start a club and try to invite some members. Well, I still haven't decided on what type of club to make, though."

"Why not just make an embarrassment club, since you're an embarrassment to this school? Besides, who do you need to make a club? Why not just join one that already exists?"

"Well, I wanted to be able to just go and join a club, but none of them would let me in..." Then it starts to have flashbacks of him getting kicked out of every club... except that he skipped the girls' judo club.

"The only choice left is for me to make my club! My own personal club (harem)!!"

"Don't add those parentheses."

"Oh, wait! I just figured out the club I want to make is...!"

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

"...What is this?"

"Did we have a club like that...?"

Ichika noticed a few students around the school's bulletin board. Being a curious cat, she excused herself to look at the poster.