Part 7-- Awkward

Flustered as you were, you went to the bedroom. Kei said he wasn't gonna come home anytime soon so you just changed into your comfy clothes and cuddle up in bed. You were pretty tired but Chifuyu left you surprised. You couldn't even sleep. As for someone who you consider your best friend, kisses you out of nowhere what would you do? You both already act like a couple but to be that straight forward? Was he teasing or was he serious?

As these thoughts continued to circle in your mind, you couldn't help but overthink things. Maybe because you were still unsure about your feelings. You didn't want to experience the same thing as you did with Rindou. You eventually fell asleep not knowing when.

The next day, you wake up as you heard Kei calling out your name. "When did you come home?" You asked in a rather sleepy voice. "Pretty late I guess. What about you though? Did you even sleep last night?" Kei asked, as he looked at your sleepy eyes. "I don't know."

After a while you arrive at school and wave Kei goodbye before walking in. Walking a bit further, you spot your friends gathered in a group. But as soon as you had a glimpse of Chifuyu, everything that happened last night came to your mind. "oh (y/n)-chan! Over here!" Takemitchi waved his hand, as he saw you walking towards them. That whole time, you tried to avoid maintaining eye contact with Chifuyu as it made you embarrassed.

After a while you all went back to your classes. "(Y/n) solve this question on the board" You did as your teacher said.
"Great job. Please go back to your seat, I have something to announce." He said.
"You guys will be doing a project in a pair of two, that will be based on information about Technology."
"Please pick your Partners." The teacher said as the classroom became all noisy.

A random boy came up to you."(Y/n)! Can you please work with me!" He asked. "Sorry she's my partner." Before you could even answer, you heard a familiar voice. You turned around to see Chifuyu standing. "O-oh...Sorry" The boy said and walked away. "Chifuyu!?" You called out his name in shock.  "Yeah, let's do this!" He said, giving you a very soft smile, to which you couldn't resist.

During recess, you and your friends were talking some stuff about the new year's eve. "Sure. Yeah I will arrange everything accordingly." Mikey said. You all were very excited about the New year. "3 days left! Oh boy, am I excited!" Mitsuya said, weirdly eyeing you and Chifuyu. In the end, you all decided to throw a party for New year's eve. Your eyes shone bright as you discussed further arrangements.

A little while earlier

Chifuyu told Mitsuya everything when it was just the two of them. "So yeah I...kissed her." Chifuyu said as Mitsuya looked at him, excitement written all over his face. "REALLY!? Oh man! Just ask her out alreadyy! I can't wait for New year's Eve! I want to see you guys together as soon as possible!" He said. Mitsuya seemed more excited than anyone else. Maybe because you and Mitsuya are also very close to eachother, as you both share the same brain cell. So your friendship is admirable.

"Just wait and see"
-----------------------------------------------