Chapter Two

Chapter two everyone! Enjoy!

~MyHeart<3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

301 years later......

Audri's P.O.V.

"H-Hey K-K-Kate." I hear a guy stutter. I was flying around Burgess when I saw a teenager with roses.

"And you are....?" a girl says, waiting for a response. "Kate" looks up from her cell phone. I sat on the roof of an apartment building, starting to become interested in the conversation.

"Um.... Max. Max Jones, I sit next to you in algebra class." he says, trying to make Kate remember.

"Riiiiight..." Kate looks down at her phone again. I look at her, disgusted. How can she not like him back? He seems really nice. I take my bow and take an arrow. I wave the arrow around and it turns from a regular arrow to a love arrow. I put the arrow with the bow and wait for the right moment to fire away.

"Look Kate I really need to ask you something," Max says. "Will you go on a date with me?" I smile because of Max's bravery. Kate stands up from the bench she was sitting on.

"Listen Max," Kate starts off with. "There is just no way-" My arrow then cuts her off when it shoots her in the back. The arrow turns into my love dust and goes in the area where Kate's heart is.

"I will ever reject that offer!" she wraps her arms around Max's neck. Max is just shocked that she actually accepted his proposal. I smile to myself for my little success. Max and Kate walk off, holding hands. I jump off the roof and fly through the air. I feel happy for Max and Kate, but to be honest I'm actually kind of jealous of their love now.

I mean, I don't like Max. I just saw him a few minutes ago. It's just that the Man in the Moon told me that I'm Cupid 301 years ago and nobody has seen me since then. I know that he told me my name from my past, but I don't know who I really was or what my life was like. I tried to talk to the Man in the Moon again, but he only talked since the night I woke up.

Who am I really?

I break out of my thoughts and land on the rooftop of a condo. Suddenly, I see the Sandman's sand coming my way. "Right on time, Sandman." I whisper. I fly towards the golden sand and move my hand towards it. My index finger touches the sand and it turns into a butterfly made of sand. I laugh as flies around me. Then it slowly fades away and goes back with the other sand.

I lie down on the ground and keep my arrows near me. I hold on to my bow and curl into a ball. The sand around still moves swiftly and calmly. My eyes close with the same question that’s been in my head for the past 301 years.

Who am I really?

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

He comes closer to me. "Get away from me, Pitch!" I scream at the Nightmare King. Pitch just laughs at me.

"Oh please, like that would really work." he says with his stupid (but kind of cool) British accent. Pitch takes a few more steps towards me. I tried to back away, but my back hit the wall I didn't want to run into.

"I-I'm not afraid of you," I say trying to speak with confidence, I felt my voice crack. "Stay away."

Then, he comes near me and whispers in my ear, "Join me, Cupid."

My eyes widen. "No, never!" I yell. Then I push him away from me. Pitch is surprised for a moment, but his shock turns into anger.

"How dare you reject me!" he yelled at me. Pitch makes a knife out of his black sand and prepares to throw it at me.

"Goodbye, Audri." Pitch says with a harsh voice. Then he throws the knife at my stomach. I start gasping for air as I pull the blade out. I drop to the ground. I feel my energy being pulled away from my body. This is it.

I'm dying.

"No..." I whisper. The last thing I here is Pitch's cold, evil laugh.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

I wake up taking big breaths. "Pitch killed me?" I ask myself. "Wait no; it was just a bad dream."

I put my hand on my forehead, trying to calm down. I realize I'm still on the top of the condo. It’s already morning. I take my bow and put my sack around my waist. My wings flutter and I fly upwards.

"It’s time to do some work." I say to myself. Then, I go to my nearest targets.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed chapter two! Make sure to comment! :-)

~ MyHeart<3