Chapter Eight

Hey guys! This is chapter eight! I want to dedicate this chapter to TeenageWriterChic. She gave me an idea for a chapter when she posted a comment. Plus, she loves Jack Frost too, so now I'm fangirling. Now read on! Hope you enjoy!

~MyHeart<3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Audri's P.O.V.

"Audri, Bunnymund! Thank you for coming! Now we must talk." North yells as we enter. After mine and Bunny's talk in the kitchen, I feel like a whole bunch of weight has been lifted off my shoulders. As if my troubles have disappeared once I walked out of that door. North gestures us to sit at the circle-shaped table where Jack, Tooth, and Sandy are. We take our seats as North begins the meeting.

"Now, I have called you to talk about Audri. You see ever since my little talk with her, I've been thinking that now she is a Guardian, Pitch might make her an easy target." I start to shift uneasily in my seat. Pitch might come after me. I feel myself shake, I've never been afraid of something like this before. "So I was wondering about her powers and her abilities, but then I realized something important. She talked to me about her key; you know the one that is on her neck. It has the power to make her fly, but without it she still is strong."

The Guardians are interested by what North is telling them so far. I take my eyes off him for a moment to look at Jack. It turns out that he's staring at me and my heart key like he saw it before, besides the time he saw me change my form the other day. Suddenly, I realize I'm staring back at him with my brown eyes meeting his blue ones. I look at him a little longer until I turn to the floor feeling my cheeks get warm. I also smile slightly, hiding it behind my brown locks. Then, I pay attention to North again.

"Audri's key makes her what she is, so Pitch might go after that more than just herself." I sit straight up, shocked by what he just said. The others are shocked too, especially Jack. I'd never think someone would want a key from me. Sure it’s not like any others, but still. Why would Pitch want it? I'm the only one who's ever used it and knows it can only be used by me, like it was built for me. I speak up.

"But I don't think Pitch would want my key. He doesn't know that it can make me fly. He would have to see my form change in order to know that." I say to North.

"I know that Audri," he says. "I'm only saying that we should have you avoid him as much as possible. If he sees you change form, then there will be bad news for you and us."

I sigh. I know that Pitch Black is bad news. Now that I know that he could possibly make his little target, there’s no telling what he would do to me.

"So what you're telling me is that I can't go outside anymore?" I ask.

"No, no. We will let go outside, but you must keep your guard up. I know you are a very strong girl on the inside Audri. You already know how to defend yourself. I can feel it, in my belly!" North puts his hands over his stomach and shakes it slightly. I'm able to stifle a laugh. Then, the meeting ends. I get up from my chair and start walking. I don't know where exactly, but I didn't really feel like talking to anyone after. I go around the toy factory, walking aimlessly and I've probably been walking in circles. This doesn't really matter to me when I'm in my train of thoughts.

There's a possibility that Pitch will target me. Although I'm not really not sure if that will happen. I've only heard about him several times and the only time I had an "encounter" with Pitch was when I had that nightmare. The nightmare when he kills me. I put a hand to my head thinking about the thought. The thing he said that concerned me the most was when he told me to "join him". I would never turn sides. Never in my life, not in a million years would I ever join forces with the Nightmare King. I hate that guy.

"You lost or something?" I hear a voice say, breaking me out of my thoughts. I turn around to see Jack leaning on his staff.

"How long have you've been following me?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"I don't know. Five, ten minutes?" he shrugs. I fold my arms over my shirt.

"Oh really?" I say. "Why? Are you some kind of stalker or something like that?"

Jack rolls his eyes and shakes head meaning "No". I look around me to see that we're in a wide hallway. I sit at a windowsill and cross my legs Indian-style. Jack sits on the other side with his wooden staff on his lap. We both look out the window at the sight of the snowy mountains outside the workshop. Jack and I sit in silence and take in the view.

"What's it like?" I ask softly and still looking out the window. He looks at my face with confusion.

"What's what like?"

"What's the feeling like? You know the feeling of being believed in?" I answer him. I turn my head to look at him. "Jack, you must be pretty happy that you're seen by kids. That you're able to talk to them, that you're able to play with them, that you're able to touch them now. What does it feel like?"

He stares at me with his ice blue eyes, and then he blinks several times to answer my question.

"Well, it's really amazing that I'm seen by some humans now. When I was first seen, I was being filled with joy. When that first kid saw me, I was happy for the first time in three hundred years." Jack looks at me with a smile on his face. "That kid can still see me today, even though he's almost eleven. He's special to me and the Guardians. He's the reason why we're all still here and why Pitch didn't take over."

This kid must be great. He must have given Jack hope when he wasn't believed in. Jack's eyes widen as if a light bulb appeared over his head.

"Hey! Why don't I introduce you to him?" he asks excited.

"I don't know, Jack. Remember, I'm not believed in, so nobody can see me." I remind him.

"No I mean, why don't I show you him?"

I tilt my head to the side. It would be great if I saw the kid. I nod my head, accepting his offer. We both jump off the windowsill and head to the workshop doors. When we walk out, I hold my key and I change into my "Cupid Mode". Jack is still surprised by my form changing. He just has to get used to the feeling. He reaches out for my hand and I grab it. We both take off into the wind. We're now on our way to see the kid the Guardians have been talking non-stop about.

This will be fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I want to stop here. By now you would know who the kid is. If you don't then you'll have to wait and find out later! "Frosted Arrows" now has 135 reads! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy that you guys like my story so far! Keep reading! Make sure to vote or comment!

~MyHeart<3