Chapter Nine

Hey guys! I'm so sorry if I haven't updated in a while. I've been just so busy with school and my family. I would've updated on Valentine's Day (you know since Audri is Cupid and....yeah story-related stuff), but I had to go to dinner with my family and my sister brought her friend along. (Her friend likes Jack Frost, too!). Also, I did some editing to previous chapters because I noticed that there were some words I never typed in. I don't know why, but I made the corrections if anyone was bothered by it. So.....here's chapter nine! Hope you like it! Now start reading, peasant!

~MyHeart<3

P.S. Joie says hi, mom!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Audri's P.O.V.

It took Jack and I a while to get to Burgess. We were flying for nearly an hour! I don't know how Jack knows how to fly for this long and not get tired of it. I mean, seriously! My wings are killing me! He's just lucky that he doesn't have any wings! When we finally land by what looks like a park, I drop to my knees. I turn my head to see that my wings are drooped down and almost look as tired as I do. I give Jack an angry look.

"You see what you're making my do!" I say, gesturing to my weak wings. "Just because I have wings, it doesn't mean that I don't feel them, Jack!" I turn back to my wings and flutter them, trying to wake them up. While they flutter, my sparkly dust or my love dust or whatever you'd want to call it comes out and touches the ground. Jack takes my hand and helps me to stand up.

"Well, I wouldn't know what wings feel like. I only use my staff to fly." he tells me while motioning to his staff. How can that thing make him fly? Well when I think about it, it reminds me of my key. I've always wondered how it gave me the ability to fly, but I never thought about it. I just knew that I could fly with it. Jack tells me that it might be best if we could walk the rest of the way. I nod my head agreeing with his idea.

The walk wasn't that long. It turns out that we were only two blocks away from Central Park. When we get there, I see a group of kids around a large pile of snow. All of them look ten years old, but the one that stood out looked like she was five. Jack makes me look at a kid with light brown eyes and a cap covering his light brown hair.

"That's the kid I was talking about earlier. You know, the kid saved Easter?" Jack says. "That's Jamie Bennett."

Wait, what?

Jamie Bennett? That's the Jamie Bennett; the kid that Amber girl likes?! This is unbelievable! I know who likes Jamie Bennett! Oh my god! Amber Raine has a crush on Jamie Bennett!!! I should really do something about this little brewing romance.

"HELLO! AUDRI! AUDRI!” Jack yells in my face. I snap out of my thoughts. "Are you alright? You were pretty much frozen for a second there."

"I'm fine ,Jack," I say. "I-It's nothing." He looks at me with a worried face, but it goes away once Jamie notices that Jack is in the park.

"Jack, come play with us! We're all gonna make the biggest snowman in town!" Jamie yells across the park and motions Jack to the group of children. Jack looks at me.

"Will you be okay if I just..." he trails off, knowing that I would answer.

"Its fine, Jack, you can go with the kids if you want. I'm alright with it." Jack takes a look at the children then back at me. "Go! Have fun!" I say with a smile on my face. He finally goes off with Jamie.

I walk over to a lamp post and lean on it. I sigh as I watch Jack have a good time with his believers. He made it look so easy, him getting believed in. All it took was one kid to give him hope. Why hasn't anybody seen me yet? Why can't people believe in the one who creates love? Doesn't any mortal see that I'm the being that causes it? I play around with the black tips of my hair, rubbing it between my fingers. Then out of the corner of my eye, I see a familiar face: Amber.

She was sitting on a bench alone. For some reason, that Destiny kid wasn't there. It was too bad because she made Amber feel a little better about herself when she thought she wasn't good enough for Jamie. Amber was staring at Jamie while he helped the five year old girl pick up the snowman's base. Then she looked at the snow-covered sidewalk and moved her light blond hair out of her eyes. I could tell she was starting to lose her hope. That's it, I'm taking action. I'm not going to let Amber fall out of love.

I take out my bow and grab an arrow. I quickly turn it into a love arrow and set it in place. Then, I shoot the arrow in Amber's back. She feels something hit her in the back, but my arrow starts to affect her. Amber stands up from her spot and runs over to Jamie.

"H-Hi Jamie." Amber says nervously, but I know she'll open up soon. Jamie turns to look at her.

"Oh hey Amber," Jamie smiles at her. "What's up?"

"Wellll, do you think I can join you? I've never made a snowman before, but can you teach me?" She hides her emerald green eyes under her hair. Jamie nods and she squeals with joy.

Yeah you go, girl!

Soon, all the kids (and Jack) are done with the snowman. I have to admit that it was really big. The snowman had to be North's height and he's a giant! Jack high-fives Jamie for their success. After that, Jamie gives Amber a big bear hug. She blushes slightly, but hugs him back. Then everyone goes home once its dark. Jack rushes over to me.

"That was awesome!" Jack exclaims. "I told you that Jamie was a great kid!"

"I know, right? He seems so sweet, even if he can't see me."

"Yeah, well its getting pretty dark out. We should probably head back to North's place."

"What? No! I don't want to do any more flying. My wings still hurt."

"Here how about this, why don't you get on my back and I'll fly?" I give him a confused look, but I eventually give in. I get behind Jack and he gives me a piggy-back ride. I put my arms around him so I wouldn't fall. Then, he takes off. The ride back is actually safer than I expected.

I bury my face in Jack's hoodie feeling tired. I look up and see that Jack is staring at my face. I stare back him a little longer until I turn away, feeling my cheeks become a light shade of red.

"So Jack," I say, awkwardly. "Are we almost there?"

"Yeah don't about it, Audri. We're a few minutes away from the factory." he says calmly. I put my face in his hoodie again to hide the redness of it. The next thing I know, we're in front of the factory. Jack sets me down to my feet and I turn into my normal state, still wearing my outfit from earlier. When we walk through the doors, the guardians don't seem to notice us. Jack walks me to my room. Then we both stop in front of my door. He looks at me with his hypnotizing blue eyes.

"Good night, Jack" I say softly. Jack seems surprised by the kindness of my voice, but he grins.

"Good night, Audri." he replies. I walk in my room and close the door. I hear Jack's footsteps disappear. I glance at the clock and it’s already 9:30 P.M. We were out that late? Well it looks like time flies when you're having fun.

I go to my closet and pick out pajamas for myself. I put them on quickly and practically fall on my bed. Soon, my eyelids drop and I smile to myself once I begin dreaming about Jack Frost.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm soooooooooooooo tired!!! This chapter took me longer to write than I expected. I hope you liked it! Make sure to vote or comment!

~MyHeart<3