Chapter Ten

Hey you guys! Sorry if I haven't updated in a while. My sister has been using the computer a lot lately so I wasn't able to get to the computer. Over 400 reads already! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks you guys! Now here is chapter ten! Enjoy!

~MyHeart<3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Audri's P.O.V.

My feel my eyes flutter open and I stare at the ceiling. I put a hand to my forehead as I sit up. The clock reads 9:34 A.M. Did I oversleep or something? I really should get ready for the guardians because I don't want to make them disappointed if I'm late on my second day. I jump off my bed and head to my closet. I rummage through the closet until I find something I want to wear.

I choose a white long-sleeved shirt with small British bows imprinted in it, blue skinny jeans that have white paint splatters on them, and dark purple high tops going to my knees. I reach into a drawer in my dresser and pull out a golden charm bracelet with pink hearts. Then I snatch my make-up bag off the dresser and apply some mascara along with eyeliner. Once I'm done with that, I hear a knock on the door.

"It’s open!" I yell to nothing. In the mirror, I see the door open and Tooth flies in.

"Good morning, Audri!" she says while closing my door. "Wow, that’s a really nice look. Why are you dressing that?" I turn around to face her.

 No reason, Tooth." I tell her. "I just feel like dressing a little better today, that’s all."

I face the mirror again to adjust my hair. Tooth sits on the edge of my bed watching me get ready for the day. I put on lip balm to make my lips feel soft. Then I grab two hats off my dresser.

"Which one," I ask for Tooth's advice. "Bowler hat or beret?" I hold up the hats with my fists. One was a black bowler hat while the other was a light pink beret made of wool. Tooth looks back and forth at my options.

"Beret," she says, pointing at the wool hat. "It will add more color to your outfit. I mean, you do wear black and white a lot."

She does have a point there. I do have a lot of black and white clothes. I place the bowler hat to the side and put the wool beret on the back of my head. As the finishing touch, I put on the key necklace.

"So," Tooth says, starting quite a conversation. "Where did you and Jack go yesterday?" I spin around with my mouth slightly open.

"Why are you asking?" I ask her slowly.

"Because you two were gone for a while. Also, I saw you fly away from the workshop with him."

"Fine, I'll tell you." I say, giving in. "Jack and I went to Burgess the other day. He wanted to show me Jamie. You know the kid from Easter? Anyway, all he did was showing me his first believer, that’s it. We did nothing else."

"Jamie! You finally met him? How is he? How white are his teeth? Does he have any cavities?" Tooth shoots up and asks me a whole bunch of questions. Most of them had to do with Jamie's teeth.

"Woah, Tooth!" I yell at her, trying to bring her to her senses. "I only saw Jamie. I never met Jamie. Nobody can see me, remember? Nobody believes in me." I say the last sentence in a whisper. Tooth gives me a sad look and flies to me.

"I'm sorry, I forgot about that. Now look, the guys want you to train with them. I would help too, but I need to go to the Tooth Palace. It’s been a while since I've helped my little fairies."

"Tooth Palace?"

"Yeah, it’s where I keep all the teeth I collect."

"Really? That’s so cool! You have an entire palace to store teeth!"

Tooth laughs in response. "Why don't go to the others, they're waiting for you."

I nod my head and we head out the door. Honestly, I feel kind of mad at her because she could have told me that I had to train with the boys. I could have changed into some clothes that are more comfortable for training!

Oh, Tooth.

* * * * * * * *

In a matter of minutes, I'm in the training room with North, Bunny, Jack, and Sandy. Tooth already left to help her tooth fairies, so it was just me and the guys. They were seeing how well my fighting skills are, since they've never seen me fight before. North makes me stand about 30 feet away from a target. He tells me to shoot as best as I can, but I already know that I'm going to do well.

"North, I'm Cupid." I say with my arms crossed. "I've used the bow and arrows for hundreds of years now. Do you think that I don't know how to handle a weapon?"

He backs away to the others, giving me the space I need. My bow and sack of arrows appear out of thin air. I grab my bow and set my arrows. I get one ready to shoot and take a deep breath. Then, I let go of it and it hits the target exactly in the center. I turn to the guys with a side grin on my face. They stare me with open mouths, but Bunny snaps out of his strance.

"Oh c'mon Audi," Bunnymund says to me. "You've had years of experience at this stuff. That gives you an advantage. Bet you can't shoot an arrow with your eyes closed." He crosses his arms over his furry chest. I narrow my eyes at him, but I let it go.

I turn my back to the target making the challenge harder and close my eyes shut. I set an arrow without looking behind me or opening my eyes. Then, I let the arrow go. I turn to see that the arrow had split through the first one I shot. I look at Bunny, who was staring at my little stunt.

"How about that, Thumper?" I tell him while leaning my elbow on his shoulder. It was hard to do that by the way, considering he is 6'1 and I'm 5'5. I hear Jack chuckling next to Bunny.

"Yeah, Thumper." he says to him.

Then all of the sudden, one of North's yetis bursts through the doors. The noise makes me jump away from Jack and Bunny.

"Patrick! How many times have I told you to you to knock?" North yells.

Patrick starts to talk gibberish to North. His eyes widen when the yeti tells him the news.

"North, what on earth is he saying? I can't speak yeti!" I ask him.

"It is Tooth. Her palace is being attacked by Pitch."

"WHAT?!" we all scream, but Sandy makes an exclamation point over his head instead.

"Well, what are we waiting for!" North exclaims. " Everyone to the sleigh!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry I have to stop it here! Do you like the "Thumper' come-back? Make sure you vote or comment! Also add this to your library or reading list! Chapter eleven will be coming soon!

~MyHeart<3