Chapter Three

Here's chapter three!

~MyHeart<3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack's P.O.V.

"You're not gonna win, Jack!" Jamie yells. I laugh at him. Jamie, his friends, and I were having one of the biggest snowball fights we've had this year.

"Yeah right Jamie!" I say. "Do not underestimate the spirit of winter!" I throw a snowball at him. We were all in Burgess Park near the statue Jamie crash landed into a year ago. Then I see something out of the corner of my eye. I turn around to see what it is: the northern lights. I have to leave.

"Sorry you guys," I tell the kids. "I need to go to the pole." They look at me with sad faces.

"Aw do you haaaaave to leave, Jack?" Jamie asks.

"I'm sorry Jamie. I need to do my guardian duties."

"You said doody." Jamie chuckles. I ruffle his hair a little and say goodbye. I jump into the wind.

"Hey wind!" I yell out. "Take me to the pole!" The wind responds by guiding me north. I laugh as the wind flows through my snowy white hair. Finally, I end up at North's place. The doors open when I walk towards the factory.

"Hey, Phil." I greet a yeti. He looks down at me with an angry look, but leads me to the other guardians. Phil brings me to the Globe Room where they are. Tooth is the first one to notice me.

"Hi, Jack!" she says, as happy as ever. "How are you? How's Jamie doing?"

"I'm doing fine, Tooth. Jamie is doing pretty well, too." I say. "So what's up North?"

"Well...it seems like Pitch is back." North says with a depressed face.

"What?! I thought we defeated him like a year ago!" I scream at him.

"Actually, it was eleven months ago, mate." Bunnymund reminds me. "We don't know how he's back. We just know that he is." I look at the ground starting to become filled with anger.

I hated Pitch. I still have flashbacks of what happened eleven months ago. People didn't believe in Bunny anymore, Easter was ruined, Sandy died, nightmares were everywhere, and fairies were kidnapped. But it was because of Jamie that everything turned back to normal. I got him to believe again.

"So what do we do now?" I ask, breaking out of my thoughts.

"Man in Moon will tell us the plan any minute now." North says. Then I look up and see the moon through the opening in the ceiling.

"Ah, Man in Moon!" North exclaims. "Long time no see! Now, what must we do beat Pitch again?" Suddenly, a large crystal comes from the floor and the moon shines on it. It lights up brightly.

"Guys do you know what this means, right?" Tooth asks.

"The Moon has chosen a new guardian." North smiles.

"Wait what?" I say. "I thought me being here was good enough. We beat Pitch before. We can do it again!"

"Jack, we need all the help we can get," Tooth informs me. "I can't wait to see who it is!" Sandy (by the way I forgot he was even here) then made a clover over his head. "Maybe the Leprechaun?"

"Please not the Groundhog, please not the groundhog." Bunny whispers and crosses his fingers. I laugh a little. I can see why Bunny doesn’t like Groundhog so much, if you know what I mean. Then the crystal shows who the next guardian will be.

It’s a girl. She had long, dark brown hair and light brown eyes. Her dress was red and her high heels were pink with some red. On the girl's waist was a small bag of arrows and in her left hand she held a wooden bow. Everyone just freezes for a moment.

"Cupid?" North says, breaking the silence.

"Wait, that's Cupid?" I ask. "I thought Cupid was supposed to be a guy or a baby, you know."

They ignore me. "Hang on now," Bunny says. "Now how would Cupid protect the children of the world? She doesn't have to do anything with kids or protecting them!"

"Bunny, don't be so rude." Tooth says in a serious tone. "If the moon chose her, then she's useful to us." I just stand there a little left out.

"So," I finally say after a while. "Who's gonna bring Cupid here?"

Bunny offers to bring her. "I think it would be a nice opportunity to get to know someone new that'll be working with us." I look at him with disbelief.

"Oh really, kangaroo? You didn't do that to me." I say to Bunny.

"Cause you annoy me, Frostbite," he says using my "nickname". "Cupid never did anything to me, mate."

"Wow. It seems like you get special treatment." I say, sarcastically. He glares at me for a while, then makes a hole, and jumps in it to get our new team member.

I look at the shape of Cupid again. "Cupid, huh." I whisper to myself. "Why her?" I couldn't stop looking at her, but she seemed so familiar.

Where do I know her from?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Make sure to vote and comment! I hoped you liked it!

~ MyHeart<3