Chapter 4

Sorry for all the POV changes in this chapter I just thought it would make it more interesting. Also I'm sorry for not posting yesterday I was really busy!

"Ghosts don't exist Mumbo" Bdubs answered

"Well, we are in a haunted house-"

"Ah great, more humans in my house" I frantically looked around trying to find the source of the voice, but I didn't find one.

"W-Who are you?" I nervously asked

"You do not need to know that, all you need to know is that you're in my house," The voice said again "To get out you need to find a key somewhere here, but only two of you will escape" Everyone went quiet, just processing the information.

"What will happen to the rest of us?" Ren asked.

The voice simply chuckled "Oh and as punishment for coming into my house, I killed one of your friends and possessed one of you, but someone figured me out too quickly" I'm guessing the voice was referring to me.

"See Bdubs, it wasn't Grian saying all that," I said

Bdubs looked over at Grian, "Grian I-I'm so sorry I just thought-"

"It's okay Bdubs, I would have thought the same" Grian cut him off

"Have fun~" The voice said.

"We need to split up into groups and find this key now," Scott said. Everyone agreed. Eventually, the groups were formed, Martyn, Grian, Impulse, Jimmy and myself. Scar, Joel, Lizzie, BigB and Ren. Bdubs, Etho, Tango, Skizz, Scott and Pearl. Then we started to look for the key. Martyn, Grian, Impulse, Jimmy and I went into a room on the left of the main door. Inside it was a kitchen. There was an island in the middle while on the left there was the sink, oven and fridge. On the right, there was a small dining table with 2 chairs. We all started trying to find the key as quickly as possible.

"Guys I think I found it!" Jimmy exclaimed

Martyn looks over at Jimmy "That's a fork, Timmy"

"Oh," Jimmy said, putting the fork back in the drawer

"Did anyone check the oven yet?" I asked

"Nope," Grian replied. I then heard a thud come from behind me. I turned around and saw Impulse. Dead. My eyes instantly fill with tears.

"IMPULSE" I cry out, running over to his body. Grian, Martyn and Jimmy follow me. Tears start falling out of their eyes as well.

"W-Why did he have to die, w-what does this ghost have with making us suffer?" Jimmy asked

"I-I'm not sure, but we'll have to leave him, w-we need to find the key," Martyn said. We all agreed and continued to search the room.

Lizzie's POV

Joel, Scar, BigB, Ren and I headed into a room on the right. When we walked in I noticed it was a living room. There was a couch near the back of the room and a small old tv opposite it. There were also a few cabinets to the left of us. We all instantly started searching for the key. This place is freaking me out. Who's going to be the last two to survive? Will I end up dying?

"Lizzie?" I hear Joel say, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yes?" I ask

"I was just checking if you were okay, you were zoning out," Joel said, giving me a hug.

I returned the hug, "I'm just worried about what's going to happen to everyone, what if someone has died already?"

Joel looked away from me, it was clear that he didn't know how to answer. I decided that looking for the key was our best bet. I went over to the couch and searched under the pillows. Nothing.

"Hey guys there's this other room over here I'm going to go check for the key," Scar says, already walking over to the door.

"It's dangerous to go alone Scar! I'll come with you dude" Ren said, following Scar. Joel, BigB and I kept searching but couldn't find anything.

"Do you think one of the other groups found the key?" BigB asked

"Well, it's clearly not in here so let's go see if anyone else found it," Joel said, walking over to the exit of the living room. BigB followed him.

"Wait!" I call out. BigB and Joel stopped. "We haven't seen Ren and Scar for a while, you don't think..." Joel and BigB share a shocked and scared expression and we all quickly ran over to the door Scar and Ren entered. When we got inside I screamed. Blood. Everywhere. And Scar and Ren's bodies on the floor. I start crying as Joel leads me out of the room. BigB follows after us, clearly shaken up about what we had just seen. We all raced out of the living room and went to find another room to look for the key...

Bdubs POV

Etho, Tango, Skizz, Scott, Pearl and I headed up the stairs and went into the first room on the right. It was a small bedroom with a single bed in the left corner. It also had bookshelves on the right wall as well as a wardrobe. None of us said a word while we looked for the key. I was throwing books off the shelves, desperate to find this key. Maybe we can find it quickly and no one else will die, right?

Etho looks over at me while I was frantically throwing books everywhere. "Bdubs" He said, putting his hand on my shoulder, "Please calm down, if your worried it's going to make things worse"

"I CAN'T HELP BEING WORRIED ETHO, WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE" I snap at him.

His eyes widen and he looks away from me, clearly upset, "I-I'm sorry Bdubs" He walks over to the other side of the room, looking through a rubbish bin. The others stared at me shocked, surprised I would snap at Etho like that. Everyone was still looking for the key but we couldn't find anything.

"Surely someone else has found the key right?!" Skizz asked

"Who knows, maybe we should go to the main room and check, it's clearly not in here," Scott said

Tango POV

We were all about to leave the room when Bdubs passed out on the floor. We all ran over to him and quickly checked his pulse, relieved that he was still alive.

"I-Is he going to be okay?" Etho asked

"Hopefully" I reply. What if Bdubs didn't wake up?

"Wait, when Grian passed out a ghost possessed him, we should be careful," Scott said. We all agreed as we backed up to the other side of the room. After a few minutes, Bdubs slowly got up.

"W-What happened?" Bdubs asked

"You just randomly passed out, are you okay?" Pearl asked

"I think so," Bdubs said. He then started walking over to Etho, and put his arms around his neck.

"B-Bdubs?" Etho barely chocked out

"I-I can't control myself!" Bdubs shouted. We all raced over to Etho and Bdubs to try and rip Bdubs off of Etho, but his grip was too strong.

"P-Please I-I can't b-breathe B-B-Bdubs," Etho said. Bdubs' grip only got harder, until Etho's body went limp. Bdubs was starting to pass out again but I managed to catch him before he hit the ground.

"D-Did he..." Skizz stuttered

"Y-Yeah, I think he just k-killed Etho" I stuttered. Everyone was crying. Eventually, Bdubs woke up and saw Etho's body laying on the floor.

"N-No I-I didn't, did I?" Bdubs stuttered. He started sobbing uncontrollably "Oh E-Etho, I-I'm so sorry"

I hugged Bdubs, "It wasn't your fault, it was the ghost controlling you"

"No! I was able to see everything, I could have fought against the ghosts' control, but I didn't!" Bdubs yelled, "God I'm so stupid!"

"There's no point in beating yourself up about it, like Tango said it wasn't your fault," Pearl said

"We should head back to the main room and see if anyone found the key" Scott said. Everyone agreed and we walked out of the room. I looked back in the room one last time. Seeing Etho's body, dead, almost made me cry again.

This is probably the longest fanfic chapter I've ever written lmao