Part - 5 ( meet cute !! )

short update notification no proof read. Sry guys

Shakthi was happy that she decided to befriend Karthick because she felt lighter whenever she texted him. Though they did not have much conversation other than their whereabouts of the day. She could feel she smiles at those texts. If it was anyone other than Karthick , she would have been irritated by those messages. But Karthick was different. S even single smiley from him will life up her mood. He sents voice messages whenever he was tired and feeling lazy to type. What he don't know was his voice messages became her lullaby. She don't know what is happening to her. This weird emotions keeps bubbling up in her heart when she thinks about him.

On the other hand , Karthick was confused about his feelings for Shakthi. He was never a guy to approach a girl first ,No, he was never a person to approach a human first. But something about her made him to approach her and almost begged her to be friends with him. Maybe this was because of gratitude towards her. At the same time his conscious questioned him will he react the same way if it was another doctor. NO NO NO. Not the way he feels now. Finally he concluded that he was attracted to this girl who saved his life. That's what made him approach her. That's what lead him to befriend her. He wanted to be with her. once he realised that ,even her simple and blunt replies made him happiest . He became a teenager once again. He sends out long and elaborate messages and long voice notes just to make her reply in few words. He know that making her open is not an easy task . But he could wait. This little crush made him feel younger and excited.

One fine day, he texted her though he know the answer will be negative.

"Can we meet? "

" Yeah ,sure !! Text me when and where ?"

He was surprised and elated to see she accepted his request. He immediately replied about a cafe near her hospital which had a beautiful ambience at around 6pm.

" I have to make it to hospital before 8pm. I don't know if I can make it can we meet for lunch or something!"

" No just an hour!! that's a nice place too!! Please!!"

" But Karthick it will take more than hour in this traffic to reach my hospital "

Karthick was confused.

"That's only 15 minutes away from your hospital. I'll drop you if you want"

"No!! That's hour away from my hospital! "

That's when it striked Shakthi that he didn't know that she doesn't work there anymore. Before she could tell him that,

" You left your job at that hospital? "

"Yes!!"

"But why?"

" Needed some change"

"Okay"

"Okay? Tell me , can we meet for lunch?

"Okay . Tomorrow 1pm"

" Okay. Tomorrow 1pm it is "

*******
When she arrived at the café ,he is yet to reach . So she sat on couch which was near the door by the window so he could see her when he enters.

After 10 minutes he reached the café and searched for her and for a moment she thought he saw her but went and selected a table that was far away from the door as he did not want any fans to identify him.

Shakthi realised that he had not seen her without her PPE kit. Oh god !! He didn't even had asked her what she wore or to call her when he reached the café. Her mind already had too many ideas how to pull his legs. But she decided to go with the flow.

She immediately texted him that she's going to be late and will be there in 20min. She waited until Karthick checked her message. After blue ticks appeared ,she let out a evil smirk and got up , went to the table he was seated and cleared her throat to change her voice and sat near him.

Wait for the next chapter to know what she's going to do.
*******
Writers note:

I thought of adding more but my work didn't allow it. I don't want to disappoint you guys so this one.