part 11 ( revelation)

Karthick was there before half an hour and trying his best to be less nervous and more cool when she arrives. Karthick ride from home was filled with the questions whether it would be correct if he proposed. Eventhough he was sure that shakthi knows about his feelings. He wanted to be vocal about it whatever maybe the response. He was also scared what will he do if the answer was negative.

Shakthi finally arrived and it was easy to find him because he was seated at same table they were last time. He was dressed in casual green t shirt and black pants with bright red shoe and watch. He looked very smart in person than in those short films. She sighed and sat on front him. Now she noticed his face was dull and his eyes were swollen.

"Ennachu Karthick en oru maari irukeenga? Udambu sari illaya?"

Karthick lifted his head hearing her voice and looked her worried eyes. She was wearing a pink colour kurti top,her hair let free ,her lips wore a light pink lipstick and her kohled eyes were showing so much care and concern. She was simple but ethereal. Everytime he looked into her eyes, he gets lost in space , time and matter. He never once felt this surreal feeling even when he did romantic scenes with heroines. But just looking at her , he feels what he thought he would never feel. LOVE. "Ennaia ipdi aakitiye Di" he thought.

" I'm fine !! Night Sariya thoongala that's all " he lied effortlessly.

"Oh ok. Have you ordered already?"

" Yeah ,just coffee!"

" Okay, I'll order ice-cream"

Before she could call the waiter, he placed a cup of coffee for him . She ordered blackcurrant ice-cream and turned her attention to him.

"You know what happened yesterday!" Shakthi squeaked with excitement. Karthick's heart was racing faster with every second after that. His body stiffened and breathing stopped. Shakthi noticed the changes in his face but couldn't understand what's going on with him.

"Karthick? Karthick ??"

He was brought back to the world and let to breath when shakthi tapped his hands to gain his attention. He jerked and wanted to say whatever comes to his mind otherwise it would be wrong to approach a girl who is already committed ,his inner sense adviced. He also did not want to ruin what they had already. " Enna da idhu manangetta manasu !!" He thought

" Shakthi , I want to ask you something" he did not want to hurt her too

" What happened Karthick? Are you not well? you are not yourself since yesterday?"

"Who am I? " Shakthi was confused why is he asking about him

" You are Karthick Subramaniyam" Karthick smiled painfully at her naïve answer.

" I know that ma. Who am I to you?" Karthick wanted to know what she feels about him.

" You are good friend Karthick " shakthi told sincerely.

"That's it? I'm just a friend to you?" Karthick questioned.

Shakthi knew he will ask this question one day but never knew that day will be this soon. she knows Karthick is more than a friend to her but didn't want to put label to the bond. She did not want conclude anything now . Honestly she did not know what she feels thats why she did not want to answer his question. Because that will lead to another question, for that she didn't want say no to break his heart and she didn't want to yes without knowing what what she wants.

Her mind was running wild thinking why karthick was not himself since yesterday and why all of a sudden he wants to know his place in my life. Suddenly she remembered telling him there was match making at her house and never got the chance to tell for whom it was. She felt stupid to let him hang on to it. She now understood the reason behind why her call was cut in middle of the conversation and why he didn't flirt yesterday and most importantly why he has swollen eyes.

" He has been crying over thinking I'm gonna get married . My enthusiasm about my cousin's wedding made it worse for him. Poor Karthick has been crying for me. I know Karthick have feelings for me maybe crush or infatuation or affection because I was there during his tough times. But I never knew Karthick had his feelings this deep" shakthi looked up at Karthick once again her heart melted seeing him. He was like a lost baby who don't know how to get to his home. Her lips curved without her knowledge. Karthick was about say something but Shakthi interrupted

" My cousin shwetha is getting married . Since my father is the eldest in the family everyone gathered at my home and groom's family came to our house. Engagement is gonna be in 2 weeks and I wanted to invite you to the engagement " she said in a go without taking breath.

Karthick blinked thrice taking the information to his stupid brain. His brain did a wonderful job in overthinking and let to live his life in misery for 2 days. He cursed himself for crying for 2 days instead of not clearing the doubt.Karthick finally smiled after what seemed like forever.

Shakthi was happy that she cleared the air without getting into trouble. She leaned forward and pointed at his dimple and said,

" 1 month kalichu idha pakren" looking into his eyes. Karthick's world froze when he looked into her eyes.

Karthick smiled like a crazy person for the next half an hour without much talking while she was having her ice-cream. She too was looking at her Karthick coming back to his mode from cry baby that he was before an hour. His gaze never made her uncomfortable or awkward instead made her a blushing mess. She was trying really hard not to show but her cheeks miserably failed.

Shakthi realised that she was going to be late and stood up.
"I'm leaving karthick ,it's getting late."
Karthick stood up and gave his thousand dollar smile that would melt anyone. Shakthi is no escaper. For a second she thought she could stay there full night just to see him smiling. She raised her eyebrows indicating him to speak . He slowly took her right hand into his hands and said
" Thank you!!"

Shakthi threw her killer smile just to show of her dimple and simply nodded her head.

Karthick did not leave her hand and was looking at her dimple . She narrowed her eyebrows and raised one eyebrow , he did not wait and kissed her dimple on the cheek , left her hand and smiled sheepishly. It was not a kiss of lust or love . It was a kiss of appreciation. He couldn't hold it any longer , he wanted to tell her more but couldn't. All the thoughts he had for past couple of days made him speechless when she revealed that the marriage was not for her. He was thankful to her because she gave him chance to prove him. He wanted to show her how thankful he was. So he kissed her. It was not a kiss actually more of a peck over cheek. But it was devine.

Shakthi was spellbound. She did not know how to react but her face reacted for her . Her cheeks became more pink than it already is. There was 2 minutes of silence it was neither awkward nor comfortable. Finally shakthi voice came out,

" Okay. Karthick bye. Drive safe "

" Text me after you reach home."Karthick replied.

Both were driving one was in shock and other was again flying in the sky.

WRITERS NOTE:

hope this episode makes sense. Keep supporting and suggestions are welcomed.