part -8 ( more than friends)

short update.

Shakthi was astonished. She could not able to describe the feeling she's having now with words. She saw his eyes and tried to feel what it was trying to do to her poor heart. His eyes shows atmost sincerity in knowing about the person in front of him. Shakthi could not deny the fact that there was some soulful connection when she looked deep in his eyes . She always gets pulled to him for no reason . But will he be able handle her in this state. Her life would be simpler if emptiness didn't engulf her. She decided to take a leap of faith and give what the man in front of her wants.

"Karthick , it's complicated I don't know whether you can understand."

" I think you underestimate me"

" okay. It's all your wish. Don't complain later."

" I'm all ears!!"

" I'm shakthi just a simple girl who got everything a human could ask for I had loving parents ,food ,shelter , few friends who would do anything for me. I always believed everything happens for a reason and try to enjoy it little ways possible. I did my graduation in medical school which was quite rough actually. But I'm glad I learnt many things about people and how to handle certain situation . I also earned some 3AM friends. I graduated without knowing what to do next."

She was all smiley face and then Karthick noticed that her face changed into a serious tone and her eyes turned darker. She continued without looking at him.

" Then covid part 2 started and people all over the country were suffering and I didn't want my degree to let go to waste and I also wanted to do something more. So I joined in a hospital for treating covid patients. But that did more worse than good. You already know what happened there. But you saw only part of it. I have seen people die Karthick in a cruel way. Nobody by their side , not able to thank to the one they loved for all these years not able to say sorry to loved ones they hurt. Not one not two but more than hundred . I have seen them give up hope and waiting for the death for many days. I have seen people elder than my parents falling on my feet just to get admitted in the hospital and help them to save their loved once life. And I could do nothing and felt helpless . After the covid situation got settled down , I wanted to quit and go to start a another career or simply be married and be a housewife . But I was expected to be more asusual. I cannot quit . If I did , it's all shame to my parents and their blood sucking hardwork . I cannot quit. Karthick I cannot. "

Karthick was dumbfounded. He did not expect her to be this honest and open about her deepest fear and insecurities. He did not know what to do. He had never been in this kind of situation. She was right. He could not understand her. He felt really stupid for wanting to know more about her. She was all happy and laughter just few minutes ago. Now he could see shakthi wiping her tears and couldnt bare the fact he was reason for it. But all he could understand that she was hurt and she wants a escape from the real world. He didn't not know what he should do. He slowly took her hand between his hands his thumb was stroking back of her palm. Shakthi lifter her head up with glistening eyes.

" I'm sorry !! It was supposed be fun meet and it was until I started to blabber. "

" It's okay ma . I'm glad that you let out these things to me. I know it's not easier"

Shakthi's heart did a summersault when he addressed her as ma in voice that she never heard in his voice messages. There was concern and care in that voice tone. She realised he was holding her hand and she could feel the warmth she never felt. She didn't want to let that warmth go any moment soon. She want to lighten the mood,

" You are not a creep after all"

Karthick laughed and said,

" Innuma nambikai varala" Still holding her hand. She tightened the grip and said

"Vandhruchu"

Writers note:

I don't feel I did my best. Edho eludha poi edho vandha maari iruku. Adhanala dhn short a mudichuten next I'll work more. Initial a few shots than plan panni irundhen.  characters lead me in this story. So help me to built up the plot after they confess each other. pleeeeejjj