part -12 "surprise?"

Shakthi was in deep thoughts while driving she didn't know when she reached home until her cab driver called her that they have reached the destination. She went inside her home got freshened up and jumped on the bed remeniscing about their second meet. By the way he was reacting to the marriage news and the visible relief and excitement when he got to know it was her cousin's marriage and not hers made her realise Karthick loves her . Somehow she know Karthick likes her by the end of their first meet. His gaze his smile and sincerity in his eyes showed that he liked her very much and was ready to proceed the friendship to much more.

But being a girl who never had any male attention to her during school and college days , it was all new to her. She had seen boys following and proposing to her friends but no one approached her that way . She never wanted those attention anyway and she was glad that guys wanted to be friends with her .

She always convinced her that she was not beautiful enough to get that kind of attention. But this guy who is smart , good looking and handsome probably most wanted bachelor in town who works with very beautiful , gorgeous heroines likes her. She is nowhere near his league she thought. Then she smiled about his reply when she playfully asked whether she was beautiful , "Oruthangaloda physical appearance Mattum alagu kedaiyadhu! Manasum dhn !! Ava manasu alagu adhu podhum."

Shakthi was happy that he was not like other guys. She was also worried that if what they had to proceed further will it be okay that she was not attractive enough for him. What if one day he wakes up from hallucination and realise she is not good enough for him. She didn't want to ponder over it any longer and enjoy the present.

She touched her cheek and smiled. Shakthi became a blushing mess thinking about 'The thank you , that smile and the kiss ' at the end was unexpected for her which came out of syllabus. She was slowly letting him inside the wall she was building her whole life. She slept peacefully after many months.

*****

Karthick was smiling like an idiot thinking about the kiss the whole drive to his house. Karthick felt so stupid to overthink for the past couple of days. Karthick also felt bad to demand an answer from shakthi when he know she was not ready. But Shakthi understood what he was going through without words and explained the situation to put him out of misery. This is what surprised Karthick the most. She understood his feelings without wanting to explain them . That's why he didn't confess today, he knew she knew . He saw care ,concern and something more for him in those eyes today. He saw her struggling when asked who was he to her . She could not accept or deny because she haven't realised the magic yet. So chose to remain silent and took another way to dodge the question. He decided to give her time to realise her feelings on her pace and promised not to demand her anything when she's not comfortable.

What he couldn't understand is that what have him courage to kiss her. He was feeling overwhelmed with all emotions that was running through him these past 2 days . "Maybe you wanted to show her how grateful you are for having her in your life. Maybe her dimple was so irresistible." His mind replied everytime.There was no lust or I'll intension in that kiss. Just an expression of admiration and gratefulness and nothing more. No love, no lust .

Finally , What made him jump at the restaurant like a happy monkey after she left which made everyone in the restaurant look weird at him was her reaction to the kiss. He atleast expected her to get shocked and push him or worse slap him. But she didn't withdraw her hand from his hands until she left. With all the excitement and happiness , he slept peacefully after sending a text to her.

" Good night ! Karthick dreams!! "

*******

Shakthi woke up to the text that Karthick sent last night. She smiled at the text and replied,