part-10 ( why gawd why??)

enaku okay pa!! mappillai ya romba pidichruku !!" Shakthi announced to her parents , her cousins and extended family who were assembled in the hall after the groom's family left the house.

" Englukum romba pudichruku" her family echoed.

"Nan call panni mappillai veetula ok nu sollidren . Engagement epo nu decide pannidalam" her paternal uncle informed everyone. Elder ones of the family took leave from the gathering leaving younger ones alone.

"Aprm!!! kalyana ponnu epo englukulam treat uh??" One of her cousins shouted his lungs out.

"Treat dhana ?? Edhuva irundhalu avaru Kita ketukonga ?" Soon to be bride said blushing.

" Paara vekkatha ? Heloo madam Enna adhukulla avaru kitta keka solra? Innum edhum decide aagala ? Avaru oru Vela unna pudikala solitaru na?" Other one said causally and earned whacks from all the cousins

"Adhellam avaru apdi solla mataru" she said still blushing

"Paara!! Andha ten minutes la ennamo nadandhurku Pola" another cousin stated teasingly.

"Dei!! Podhum podhum avala romba otadheenga!! Paavam Vidunga !! Unaku enna treat dhana venum romba naal kalichu meet panni irukom let's go out it's on me." Told the to be bride's life time saviour who protected her every time these evil cousins teased her.

" Vandhutanga pa doctor! Epovum Pola patient a kaapatha!! Avala edhachu sonna udane vandhruviye!!" her brother complained.

"Podhum podhum enaku pasikudhu ellaru kelambunga" shakthi chased everyone to get ready to go out for dinner

Shakthi's father was the elder one among the his siblings. So every special occasion held in the family would be at her house and all the members of their family would be present no matter where they were or what were they doing. It was a special occasion on that day, her favourite cousin, her aunt's daughter is going to get married and it was the official meet to confirm this wedding. There were already few meetings with only the parents and lots of photo transactions and phone calls between the families. Finally everyone in the family got free schedule only today to fix this official meeting of the groom's family.shakthi was happy that the groom was perfect match for her cousin , shwetha. Eventhough swetha was elder to her by 2 yrs,shakthi always cared for her since she's more reserved and calm . Shakthi had never seen shwetha raise her voice even in peak of her anger and just shuts her from everything just to calm her down. She never let her anger get to her and hurt other people. In contrast to her, shakthi is lovable and enthusiastic girl but never tried to control her anger burst everything she has within. She never cared about what the other person would think of her. She just speaks her out without any filter.

Shakthi was happy that shwetha is getting a life she wants and deserves.
This is going to be the first marriage in their generation and everybody was so excited . Shakthi finally feel little happiness after many months. Shakthi was excited to tell this news to Karthick after getting back from their dinner. She did not know why she had a urge to tell him first among her other friends and she didn't give more thought into it. Karthick had become a important person in shakthi's life than she initially intended to.

******

Karthick was playing PS continuously for almost 12 hours without break. Because he did not want to think about Shakthi. Everytime he lose the game he thought of Shakthi " I have lost her too". Everytime he won ,"But I have lost her ". He did not know what to do. Should he accept and move on? she knows that he likes her , why did she not consider him for marriage if she's ready? Should he chase and make her fall in love with him? Worse situation what If she falls in love with that guy ? He would never get a chance . Should he stop this marriage ? His brain was working too much at the same time . His eyes blurred every 10min and tears fall on his cheeks. He finally gave up realising PS is not really distracting him from her thoughts.

He decided to go to sleep hoping that would help. But he woke with breathing difficulty and sweating as he dreamt about unknown face tying the nupital chain around Shivangi 's neck. He realised he had fallen deep into the ocean and he cannot swim back to the shore and decided to stay there pulling her along with him. Yes. He decided to confront shakthi about his feelings. He initially thought of taking things slow only because he thought she was not ready for a relationship. But when she's ready for marriage, she better give him chance to show his love. By the time Karthick took this firm decision, he got a call

"Hoii Karthick!! Enna panreenga ? Busy a ?" Shakthi asked in unusual excited tone.

" Illa ma " Karthick was already panicking at the new found enthusiasm in her voice. Maybe everything went well and she's very happy with the marriage proposal and the guy. His overthinking mind was not letting him to be at peace.Karthick determination of making her fall in love with him which he had few seconds ago was slowly fading.

" Nethu call pesitu irukumbodhe cut aaiduchu? Naliku meet panalama nu keten neenga onnume solala?

"Therila ma phone cut aaiduchu! Neeyu duty la irundha adhan disturb panala.naliku dhna nan free dhn enga epo nu text pannu"

" Ennachu Karthick voice oru maari iruku what happened? " She asked worriedly.

"Nothing ma! " He said detachedly.
Shakthi felt something was not right because by the time now Karthick would either have started to flirt or pull her legs for calling at this hour.
But she decided to brush if off by thinking maybe he was sleepy.

" Okay. Naliku oru mukkiayama vishayam sollanum. namma last time pona cafe Ku vandhrunga at 6.30pm. "

She didn't not hear voice from other side. Karthick's eyes failed hold the tears.
" Karthick ?? Heloo ?? Karthick ?Timing okay va?"

" Enaku ok ma . I'll be there."

" Okay. Good night"

"Okay.. good night"

He wanted shakthi to be happy but he also wants him to be happy. He thought they would be happy together. He finally decided to confess his feelings to her and let her decide.

What will happen if Karthick confess his feelings to her? How shakthi is gonna react to his proposal?

*******

Writers note:

First 9 chapters were solely the 2 characters. Hereafter more characters will be introduced as supporting role for the main leads. So pudhu characters pathi confuse aaga venam oru oru character a reveal aagum. Thank you for the support and suggestions and constructive criticism are welcomed.
Karthick a romba ala vekkren u adika varadheenga. These emotions are very important for the further story.