3| Marcus's Offer

"Congratulations Farrah!" I sobbed on the video phone call with my sister

"Congratulations Farrah!" I sobbed on the video phone call with my sister. Her longtime boyfriend finally popped the question after being together for thirteen years.

"Look at you, you cry baby. You are crying more than me." Farrah teased.

I could not help it. No one deserves this more than Farrah. I'm happy Melvin finally got the balls and proposed to my sister. It's about fucking time!

"Let me see the ring again!" I said wiping my tears from my cheeks.

Farrah held up her left hand to flash me her large diamond ring. It was almost too gigantic for her skinny finger.

"Ahhhh!" I screamed in excitement. "How much did he pay for that ring?" I said out loud.

That coaching position he landed pays pretty good money. From the look of the ring, it had to cost a fortune.

"Are you serious Sunny?" Farrah scoffed at my invasive question. "Yes, I am. I'm just making sure he took note and got you what you deserve." I giggled.

"What is going on?" Dana said entering my room.

As usual, she was walking around the house topless. I've seen Dana's breast more than I've seen my own.

I flashed a smile at her. "Farrah and Melvin just got engaged." I squealed in excitement.

The enthusiasm I felt about this brought a radiant feeling to my bones.

"What are you talking about?" Dana scrunched up her face and stared at me confused.

"Melvin asked Farrah to marry him." I annunciate at an exaggerating slow pace.

For a moment all the expression disappeared from her face and she went blank. Dana has such a strong stance against monogamous relationships and marriage. I was not surprised at all by her reaction.

"Congratulations on your nuptials or whatever." Dana scoffed very rudely before exiting my room.

I did not appreciate her tone at all and I will have to have a conversation with her about it.

"What's her deal?" Farrah laughed. "Forget her!" I dismissed Dana's negative energy and brought the topic back to the engagement.

I was still under the weather but I felt way better than I did yesterday.

"Have you talked to Marcus?" Farrah asked me about Melvin's younger brother who used to be my best friend.

I shook my head. I have not talked to Marcus for a while now. Although we attend the same school we have never really crossed paths. He's been busy with football and I've been doing my own thing.

I will always have a special place in my heart for Marcus. We grew up together, but we are just not that close anymore. We sort of just lost touch since my break up with Jared.