7| Before This Gets Too Far

I slipped my foot into my the tan wedges and took one final glimpse of myself in the mirror

I slipped my foot into my the tan wedges and took one final glimpse of myself in the mirror. I didn't want to dress up too much so I opted to wear a white buttoned up blouse with light denim jeans.

My hair was still in the top knot I had it in last night. I grabbed my hairspray and generously sprayed it around my hair, applied a light amount of makeup, and put on my lashes.

My heart was beating so hard I felt like it was going to lunge out of my chest. I cannot believe I agreed to this blind date.

My mind was all over the place. Especially after the short but profound conversation I had with Logan last night.

He was able to read me even though he had just met me. I appreciate the fact he was open about wanting to just have sex with me but he is chasing after the wrong girl.

My heart sank to my stomach when I got a notification on my phone that my Uber was two minutes away. I grabbed my purse and headed out the door.

I texted Marcus to let him know that I will be out but I will meet him and the others later. I didn't dare tell them about my blind date. I just know Marcus. He will find a way to humiliate me someway or the other.

My uber driver dropped me off at a coffee shop. I used to come here all the time in high school. The memories I have here with Jared was overwhelming. Being back in my hometown, everything reminded me of him.

"Hi... Sunny?" A tall black man with shoulder length dreadlocks and hazel eyes approach me.

My mouth dropped at the sight of him.

Thank you mommy!

He was fine! He exceeded my expectations by a long shot. When my mom said she met him in church I had an idea in my head on what type of guy he was going to be. This fine specimen before me was not it.

"Hendricks?" I smiled.

He nodded his head and flashed me a sexy smile.

Oh my god!

We took a seat at the booth by the window.

"So your mom tells me you go to North Dale University. That's a really good school." His voice was smooth.

"Yeah. I'm graduating in the summer." "What's your major?" "Business." I answered flipping through the menu. There was a lot of new items.

"Hi Sunny, baby, is that you?" Roberta the waitress who has worked here for almost twenty years approached our table.

I put on a fake smile acting like I was happy to see her. I really wasn't. Roberta doesn't usually work the weekends. What the hell was she doing here!

I wanted to leave, NOW!

Roberta is Jared's aunt and I had to unfollow her from all my social media because she became buddy buddy with Jared's new girlfriend. I know she has to take his side because that's her nephew but it really hurt my feelings because we were so close.