15| Mother

"Hey kid, what's up?" I said casually before I plopped back in my chair

"Hey kid, what's up?" I said casually before I plopped back in my chair. I decided to finally call my little sister back. It's been a couple of weeks since I last talk to her.

"Hi." Her timid voice made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

The sadness in her voice grabbed my attention. I know that feeling all to well. It's a full time job dealing with our alcoholic, narcissist mother.

I went to a college as far as possible to leave her and shenanigans behind. The thing is, I had to leave Tory behind.

"How are you?" I asked. "Im okay, I guess." "What's the matter kid, why do you sound so down?" I asked tucking strands of my hair behind my ear.

"Mom has a new boyfriend." Tory said in a shaky voice.

I don't give a fuck!

"Yeah, well that's not surprising." I scoffed.

When our dad passed away, I was fourteen years old and everything went to shit. My dad was a pretty stand up guy. It sucks Tory never got to really know him. She was so young when he died.

She's a lot like him. They both share the same quiet demeanor.

My mom however. To put it lightly, she's a gold digging bitch. Thankfully my dad had that realization before it was too late. He divorced her a couple of months before he died. Due to her infidelity she was left without a penny.

My dad left his entire estate to me and Tory. I have more than enough spending money to last a lifetime but in three years I am going to inherit $300 million from his estate which is a colossal amount of money.

My mother did not take it well that she was left without nothing. For years she's been trying to get her hands into our trust funds but my dad's lawyers are some of the top lawyers in the world. She didn't have a chance.

Tory stayed silent on the line for a few seconds. "Hey kid, are you there?" I thought I had lost signal for a second.

"He's mean Logan." She said through muffled sobs. "What do you mean by mean Tory?" My heart was racing. "Has he hit you?" I asked as anger was rising in me. "Yes." She sobbed.

I stood up and my breathing became heavier.

"He slapped me in the face and kicked me in the stomach. Mom didn't do anything about it." Tory continued, she was full blown crying now.

What the fuck!

I tightened my grip on my phone. I'm the worst big brother ever. Tory has been reaching out to me this whole time to tell me this and I've been ignoring her.

"Hang in there. I'll be there tonight." I seethed before hanging up.

I quickly booked the first flight back to the place I used to refer as home. I was so mad I couldn't even think straight.