36| The Statement

"Are you okay?" My mom asked pursing her lips at me in disappointment

As soon as I was discharged from the hospital I made a run for it. I was just given news I was in no way prepared for.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I lied.

I was actually spiraling but I did everything I can to stay calm. I was still in disbelief.

How on earth am I pregnant!

Sure Logan and I have never used a condom but I have never missed a pill and I had my period. I honestly thought it was a mistake. I had them run the test again and sure enough I was pregnant.

I was seriously looking into suing the hell out of the birth control company. It's supposed to be 99% effective. How and why was I so unlucky to fall victim of that dreaded 1%.

I'm only twenty one. I definitely want kids but not now. It's way too early and things with Logan are still fairly new.

"You need to start taking better of yourself Sunny." My mom said shaking her head. "You know you are suppose to eat and take your vitamins." My mom said going into lecture mode.

"I know." I nodded my head.

Especially now!

I didn't tell anyone yet that I was pregnant. I wanted to talk to Logan first. I don't know what I wanted to do next.

Despite my protest my mom brought me to the coffee shop where I met Hendricks for our blind date. Jared's aunt Roberta was there. She gave me a dirty look the very second she saw me.

The events that took place in Mexico spread like wild fire.

Bitch!

I ordered a buttered croissant and a large tea. My mom stared at me confused because I'm mostly a coffee drinker and she knows how much I hate tea.

"Why did you order tea?" My mom narrowed her eyes at me confused.

I shrugged my shoulders. If I engaged in where I think the conversation was heading it would only be a matter of time before my mom reads me and make me spill the truth.

"How is Farrah?" I asked quickly. "I just spoke to her." Mom said running her hand through her hair.

The waitress brought us our food and I thanked her.

"She's not leaving him is she?" I said shaking my head in disgust.

Melvin is the fucking scum of the earth and I can kill him for how he betrayed my sister.