Chapter 8

<<Joyce>>

   Madam Ameece's plan never sounded good and that still stood true. I had no intention to deceive Miss Rose. She was always kind to me and cared about all her maids' wellbeing. I have to admit that recently she looked more confident than before and I admired her change. But, what I was about to do made me feel horrible. I would be grateful, if Miss Rose even talked to me after this. 

<<Ameece>> Ameece Eskater (The lady of the duchy/ wife/mother)

   My plan was perfect. Sure, I was the wild card of my family when my sister inherited the count title but when I laid eyes on Leo, (the duke) I knew that we were meant to be together. Am I drama queen? Over the top, yes. Actually, I wasn't very sane till a year ago when I realized that Lily was gone and that I should have focused on our adopted daughter Rose more. 

   The first day she came to the duchy, she was very petite and meek but had a vicious temper like a certain someone I knew * chuckle*. Rose looked bizarrely similar to Lily with the same face cut. Only her hair differentiates her from our Lily.

   We actually had adopted her three weeks before the big incident when Lily got lost. We wanted Lily to have a friend her age but before we even brought Rose to the estate, Lily suddenly went missing.

   Guess what happened next? Chaos. People started to think Rose was a replacement. Especially the estate maids. I was not in a condition to correct anything. And Leo, I believe, didn't know. When my sister finally, snapped me out of my façade last year, Rose was already living an independent life with only her three maids. 

   What finally struck my conscience was the day when Rose fell in to a lake. Richard had saved her in time and she was still alive at the time but she had remembered nothing. She looked in the mirror like she had seen  a ghost. I felt so guilty then. The doctor prescribed her with a condition called 'amnesia' though I felt like there was more to it. 

   But, it was amazing how she adapted so fast. I always knew she went out to the forest cliffs as I got a report which I diligently, neglected everyday but no more. I will try to be a good mother for her but first, I wanted to check if she trusted me. How will she trust me when I had ignored her? That I didn't figure out still.

     I know that I don't have the right to test her after all these years but I couldn't help my self. So, I carved up this plan last night and called one of her servants called Joyce. She hesitated a million times but I persuaded her. 

   Afterwards, I called out to my sister (Countess Floria, who was also only taller by 2 inches only second to being freakily similar to me in all other dimensions) and asked her to pretend to be me and comment about Joyce in front of Rose. If she trusted me, she should know that I was against violence (Was I going too far in my head? Nah) but thoughts like, 'what if she hates me, since I haven't been a good mother' ran through my mind. I decided to push my luck a little.

   I stood at the corner, where a shadow off the wall blocks my presence. Rose sprang out in to the room. Oh, this was going to get juicy!!! 

"What are you doing? What right do you have to slap my maid?" She was a badass (similar to me *wink *)   

"Milady, I am the head maid. And Joyce had forgotten to brush the madam's windows this morning." Gisella replied, a little alarmed at Rose's entrance.

"So, violence is your answer?" She asked. (Wow, that line and face was top girl crush material)

"Of course it is, wrongdoings must be punished." My sister stepped in for view. Now, the real game started. I wondered what Rose's reaction would be. Would she think it was me?