Chapter 18

<<Rose>>

   I came to the castle to officially annul my engagement and finish off the duel with Alvin. Thereafter, I'll return to my original lifestyle.

   I even felt like losing on purpose so that I could leave faster but the look on Alvin's face made me reconsider. I wanted to wipe off that cocky smile off his idiotic face.

   I even hesitated a little to let Carlisa know about my plan of escaping, but then again her warm hug during the fireworks festival and her face this morning when she saw me changed my mind. I wonder how she would react.

    We entered the training grounds together. Alvin waved at a few knights he recognized. Robert joined us.

   I didn't know he was at the palace but I realized, just a little while ago, that he was the commander of the second knight order aka the guy who kills me next year. 

   Alvin relayed our situation to him and Robert started laughing.

"Sorry buddy, but my sister is going to smash your head." He said through his laughs. He had never called me 'his sister' before.

"We'll see" Alvin said with a hmph.

  We got on to a wide platform. Carlisa gave me a thumbs up and that made me feel a thousand times better.

   I took out my sword after doing some stretches. I should've warmed up but I decided to only go through the stretches for now.

   Alvin had that annoying smirk on his face and I readied myself. He attacked first coming on with full strength. I would have toppled over if it wasn't for my boots' grip.

  Using his strength to my advantage, I made him use all his strength on my sword and moved him toward the right. He realized my plan and took a step back.

  I swished my sword at him as a surprise attack only to encounter his sword neutralizing my attack. I heard someone giving a slow whistle.

"How much are you betting on this? More gold?" Alvin taunted.

"Do you have any left?" I asked back.

"Hmm, 50000 coins?" He claimed with a chuckle.

"Oh, you're so on!" I exclaimed. I need that money!

   He attacked me again. Ugh! Why is he so strong? I decided to fake it till I made it. I threw my sword to the right to distract him and he took the bait. He flung towards my right to counteract.

   I quickly took my opportunity and kicked him in the shin from my left leg. He never told me that the duel would only apply to swords! * hehe*

"Hey, that's cheating!" He yelled by moving back a few steps.

"You never told me that we should only fight with swords." I twisted my own words.

"Well then, I won't hold back either." He said and he unleashed his aura. He had a double attribute. This is going to be hard!

   His sword started to glow with a white and orange light. He had both air and fire! That's unfair!

   I decided not to unveil my dark attribute. Even I was still getting the hang of it.  It could easily run wild. I almost broke a tea pot the other day too.

   I went head to head with him. His sword play got even stronger. The heat was killing me. I started sweating like crazy. I glanced at Carlisa. She had a worried expression.

   She mouthed some words to me but I couldn't hear it. I sent hand signals to her all the while dodging Alvin's speedy attacks.

"Use it! Do what you did to the buffoons!" She screamed using her throat voice to help me hear.