Chapter 30

Continuing Lady Ameece's POV

"Did anyone see Rose?" I asked out loud. Robert glanced up from our family hug and searched, but shook his head.

"Mum, Dad, I'm so glad to see you. I can't wait to get back home. Is Nanny Gisella still there?" Our Lily asked.

"Of course, she is. Let's go back home for today." Leo answered her and left towards the emperor. I wiped my tears from my face.

"Richard, did you see Rose?" I asked.

"I thought she was with us the whole time." He replied with a furrowed brow. 

"I can't wait to go back home!" Lily squealed. Did our Lily just change the subject? No, I'm sure our Lily wouldn't do that.

   Leo came back after thanking Count Vien and greeted some of his friends and scooted us out. We came near the parked carriages.

"Miss Ameece, Lady Rose informed me that she left for the duchy early today, since she was feeling tired." The coachman told me.

    I and Leo breathed a sigh of relief. We travelled out and entered upon the gates. Lily kept us company by narrating her most eventful moments.

We entered our house as usual. I sent a message by the maid at the door to call all the employees down to the gathering room.

They were there in a flash. It was almost as if they were expecting it. Leo said that he would return soon and left for his room.

"Madam, Lady Rose.." One maid called out with a worried face.

"What are we going to do, madam? We have to take an action as fast as possible." A knight called out in a frantic voice. I was confused.

They saw Lily walking behind us and their faces went upside down. A few of the maids fainted.

  Some called out to Lily and they lamented on how they missed her. Even the head maid shed a few tears.

"That's right, folks. Our sister is back! Where's Rose? You have to meet her, Lily! She's like born with a sword." Robert hooted. I asked him to calm down in a motherly way.

Lily had a distorted look but quickly changed it to her unwavering smile.

Many of them were overjoyed. Even Lily's face lit up. She hugged Gisella who was her former nanny and cried a little. I had never been this happy in my life.

"Lady Ameece, may I have a word with you?" I nodded and followed the butler to the dining room. Leo was also there with his hand on his forehead in frustration.

"Did something happen?" I asked worriedly.

"Um...L-lady Rose asked me to deliver this to you." The butler handed it to me with trembling hands. I gasped as I read its contents.

Dear Mum and Father,

This is Rose. If you received this letter, it would mean that I have already left. I don't know how to thank you enough for everything you've done for me!

I'm writing this letter to inform you about something.

I won't be an unfilial daughter and leave with no goodbye but since I'm not confident enough to face you, I'm leaving you this letter.

The warmth and love you gave me in the past months made me very happy. I felt like I was part of a real family. You allowed me to accomplish many things. I'm sorry for my past behavior and if I have done anything wrong, I sincerely apologize.

 I'm glad that Lady Lily came back. Send her my kind regards as well.

I'm actually leaving for a problem that I have to fix on my own. I'm not leaving because of any other trivial matter.