Chapter 39

A/N: Hi there! I'm really sorry for late updates. I had to go through a few stuff and exams were popping up everywhere. But, I can assure you that from this week onwards, the story will be updated as usual. Thank you for all your support! Have a great day ahead!!

Continuing Rose's POV...

 I was sinking. I was sinking in water. I was sinking in deep, dark water. I didn't move. I didn't want to move. I let all the water flow around me. Slowly, the water disappeared and left me hollow in a vacuum.

I stood up and glanced around me. Everything was dark. The empty void allowed me to stand in my own lonesome. For some reason, my nervousness left me. 

  A light flashed behind me. I turned around, carefully. A small frame stared into me. It's white eyes looked straight at mine. The white figure dissipated into a chubby girl. It was the 'childhood Rose'. I smiled warmly at her but she scowled at me.

Okay, that brat is a little intimidating!

But, the real question was;

Why?

"You robbed me!" She yelled in her tiny voice. What?

"You stole my future!" She kept talking. How could I...

"You took away my parents from me." Her voice faded a little. Oh...

"You took my soul." She murmured the last part and tears fell from her eyes. My heart constricted.

"I'm sorry but I don't understand." I tried to ease her. I didn't understand why this keeps coming back up again. I didn't feel sympathy but rather a more piercing emotion that ate away my conscience.

A few more figures appeared behind the tiny Rose. They were of my family. Father, Mum, and my brothers stood around 'Rose'.

My brothers were scowling at me. My Mum had a depressed look. Father had disappointment filling his eyes. 

"You took our sister from us!" The twins yelled at me. Of course, I would have expected this reaction from their first impressions but I already learnt that there's much more than what's portrayed in the surface. But, that didn't lessen the hurt of their cruel words.

"We're disappointed in you. You are not our real daughter!" Mum and Father had contempt expressions. Is this what they'd feel when they find out the truth? My mind fell into a loophole of tragic incidents that have the possibility to occur.

  A blaze of fire covered around me. What is this?! Why does it hurt so much???

 The colour of the flame changed. Various colors with a vary of heat induction burned me. The fire stopped at a white colour. The heat of it was unbearable.

Chains! Hundreds of black chains wrapped around my arms and dragged me down to the invisible and involatile ground. They were rusty and old.

 A rush of memories filled my head. My previous life flashed by me. One sudden memory jostled up my negative emotions. The memory displayed in front of me, clearly, though my head was screaming to let that memory stay buried forever.

 I was once asked by a girl in my high school class to come to the ball room (A place used for storing sports equipment) afterschool. Little did I know what was going to happen to me. 

I expected her to lash out at me for some reason. That's what always happened. She called out to one of her lackeys and brought up a bucket.

  I knew she was going to dump water on me. It was raw bullying but I didn't have the motivation to fight back. I wanted to but then my hair won't be safe from the mean girls the next day. So, what did little young me do?