Chapter 45

"Where's our father and mother?" Richard and I asked the question at the same time. The head butler looked  at the silent ground with no curt reply. Richard shrugged at that and dragged a sleepy Robert away with him.

"Umm..." Gisella huddled closer to me and whispered to my ear.

"Miss Rose, I believe that they went out to spend some time together." Gisella hesitantly whispered. I formed an 'O' and smirked.

"I'll take you to your...oh...uh..." Gisella stuttered.

Ok, that stutter never happened nor can happen. What just happened to my room. Oh, right, Lily happened.

To be honest, I was nervous. The female lead. The way we parted was not good.

That vile smirk did not help at all. Hoping was not my thing, taking an action was. So, I have to figure out the next move asap.

"We'll prepare a room right away, milady." The head maid stood up tall with responsibility.

"Don't worry about it." I decided to freeload off of hell for the night. I'm sure me and Enzo would be too distracted by some card game to worry about others. 

'Erebus, don't I get some fancy castle too?' I whined like a kid.

'You do. Do you want to go?' 

'Wait, Why in the world are you telling me this now? You waited till I get back here on Dragonback waiting till I could hit a hammock and now you tell me I have a castle?' I complained with no intention of stopping. I was on a roll of my own.

'Yeah, yeah. I'm sorry. You did plan to come back here feet first so I didn't think it would be too much of a problem to let you know later.' He shrugged it off. Evil little brat!

'You're right in a way.'

"Rose, you can stay at my place?" Richard offered. 

And when did this guy get his own place?!

"Nah, I have my own and I have some work to do after all. See you in the morning." I waved and got on Cad again.

Of course I should find 'my own' now.

We flew straight into a cloud and entered the tethered dimension.

Wait a minute. Why don't I pay a surprise visit to my fearsome competitor? I bet he'd be surprised. Even better, I'll prank him. 

I should pay him back for scaring the heck out of me on the street. Alvin, you sure won't know what hit you!

A few hours later...

Along with the black-mist-Erebus, Cad sailed through the hidden dimension gracefully. It always felt liberating speeding through the distant skies with no organism in sight.

The only creatures or plants I saw were some coral type beings coming from the Cnidaria phylum. Primitive but huge in number.

And colorful they were, but I could already guess that they were poisonous and the green smoke they emitted did not attract my appeasement.

After discussing my plan to prank Alvin, Erebus and Cad suggested a lot of ideas. In conclusion, I decided to wreck my own brain as they heard the word prank itself at that moment. 

I hesitated along a few important ideas from legendary hosts on TV but opted for a ghost prank. I tested my hypothesis of originality of my idea on Erebus and with luck I succeeded. This world did not know of any remnant called 'ghosts'. 

My plan is perfect and convenient.

Cad swished through the dimensions and from a cloud we spiraled around the Grand duke's estate. Huge and goliath in size but comfy and friendly in nature. The sun had already set and the shadows had started to crawl out. 

The glittering moon nearby the horizon smiled at us. Cad dropped me swiftly on the main terrace which were used for balls and whatnot.

The room one floor above belonged to none other than the head of all duchies and that is....drumroll please...our Alvin.

Some maids inside the castle engaged in cleaning the arrangements. For some un-sheer-luck, I heard a girl's scream and immediately understood that I got caught. Ahh crap! I might not be the best at hidden missions but to get found out on the first stage is a failure and disgrace.

"Lady Rose?" A sweet voice trembled over the silent sound waves.

"Emily?" A rather friendly servant who cooked me pastries came into my line of sight. Perfect!

"Lady? What are you doing here?.....umm...y-you...you went missing. Everyone went....c-crazy. Even our...A-archduke didn't r-rest and now y-you are here? Please do talk...with everyone a-and assure their scared w-wits." Her words flowed out like a compromising poem.

"Yes, I am here for that." I lied. Not technically, I did come to talk about it but my plan will get hindered if I dawdled longer. 

"Oh...umm...Emily, by any chance, can I borrow a white cloth and a pair of scissors? It's an emergency. Can you drop them off at the balcony. Thank you." I rushed so that she wouldn't have time to ask more questions.

I saw her confused face with a slanted mouth wondering 'what I could possibly be doing'. What she doesn't know, can't hurt her!

As promised, she left the materials down at the bridge of a curtain and hurried back. Smart girl.

I grabbed the cloth and scissors and scooted into a dark corner. Somehow, my new powers could even make me half-invisible if I lingered around. 

I fiddled with the scissors and cut two holes for my eyes in the white cloth. I'm starting to feel childish doing this.

As I analyzed the cloth, I realized that it was a table cloth for snack tables. Wow, I hope I don't get fined for robbery!

'As if.' Erebus spat. I chuckled.

My, my Alvin. You will be haunted by the all-time winner of horror-type-everything aka Rose Eskater. I'll beat your butt like how I always did. See me.

Hi there,

I'm truly sorry for not updating this book for some time now. This is not dropped or discontinued.

I've been really busy this year and could not find time to draft out because of a few home issues, but surely I can't just get away with that excuse.

I won't be updating for some time but I will start it back again when I do find that 'some time' which won't take me very long.

Thank you so much for all the support! You have no idea how much that means to me!!

Feel free to express your opinion of the story in the comments and what do you think will happen next?
Will Rose's plan see success or fail miserably??

Hope everyone is safe and Happy reading!!