Chapter 44

5 months later...

<<Robert>>

The duchy was silent. The duchy was really silent. The duchy was too silent. That means, there is something wrong. During the past few weeks, many incidents kept occurring one after the other with no mercy. For instance, occasional garden warehouses would blow up with no warning. 

We always concluded that it was Lily's unbalance of her light attribute. We called many physicians and other attribute specialists but there was no cure. 

Anyone would have believed that Lily was doing everything on purpose though her angelic face couldn't represent that sentiment.

But, I was too tired to overthink and I was jealous of Richard! The man got to speak with Rose while I couldn't. It may be my fault that I put my crystal in a keep safe but still Rose is my sister too.

 I had always wondered how Rose would look like when she finally finds out the truth. Will she be happy? Will she be shocked? Will she hate it? Will she feel uncomfortable to live with us? But, I didn't go so as far to wonder into those worlds. I can find out when Rose gets back.

Today was also rather normal. Our Archduke, baby Alvin was also training with us. Crown Prince Lewis had his nose to the grindstone with work so Alvin offered to manage half of the troops and do the physical works. 

"Turn right!" I heard Alvin shouting to correct some newbies. Ever since Alvin was given the duties of the Archduke, things have run smoothly as ever. Many successful upcoming events and economical growth rates reached sky high as he came into authority. The man knows what he's doing. 

The training for the day ended pretty slowly. I packed out my things to get back home. There was only my lunchbox and my trusty-sword. I straddled my horse and got ready to head out of the Training Centre. It was already evening, and the sun was in its last steps to sink. 

I got on my horse and swiftly grazed through the evening chilly winds. The winds in my face healed my glum mood. In about three minutes, I saw the familiar gates of the duchy and decelerated. 

I spotted something strange and my eyes auto-adjusted to grab a visual into my brain. A huge black lump inside the gates made me gulp, uncannily.

Gasp!

What is that giant-lizard? Wait. Is that a dragon?!

How did we even get a dragon? Or, is it here to ambush us?

I increased speed and halted at the entrance. The dragon was the legendary beast that was never to be found since the last century. My mouth fell agape. The gatekeeper was nowhere to be found. 

Did the dragon gobble up everyone? Am I the only Eskater left?

A blue mist morphed near the gate's entrance. It's Richard! I stared at him a little and he glanced over and I pointed towards the disastrous image of the dragon.

Just as he took form and ended the teleportation, his eyes fell straight in line with the dragon. Richard stumbled backwards. It was also in such a dorky way, I could have mocked him but my body was stopped in shock. 

The Dragon looked at me and growled. Ok, that's scary. I took some steps back, just in case.

"Oh, guess you found my dragon before me. Hmm?" A very familiar voice and silhouette stood behind Richard. 

"Rose!" Richard reacted first. Rose gave him a hand and brought him back to his feet. She checked out Richard and his new robe as he became the Mage leader.