Chapter 28

Lily walked through the main entrance with a ray of light glowing around her.

Lily had sparkling blonde hair and she wore a white dress with flower petals. She was shining from head to toe.

  Her face had the most gentle expression and her blue eyes shined brightly. Her rosy lips parted with a small nervous smile.

Everyone in the room gasped. Mum, Father, Robert and Richard had unbelieving eyes.

   Their gazes were fixed on Lily. It won't be a surprise if everyone in the room fell for her at first sight. Literally!

I fixated my eyes on the golden chandelier in the middle of the room.

I turned to look at my family to see their reactions. Mum started to cry, pretty loudly. She ran towards Lily and hugged her tightly in between some hiccups and slender arms.

Robert as well as Richard ran towards their precious sister and shed a few tears. Father was still standing in horror of surprise. I bit my lip.

  Finally, he too sprinted towards Lily. They did not look back. They did not need to.

I stared at the wholesome sight in front of me. The lovely daughter of the Eskater duchy arrived back at her rightful home. I smiled with goodwill that my parents are happy.

I glanced at Lily who seemed to be in a stance of crying as well. A few seconds passed and her eyes landed on me.

She looked around unknowingly at first but recognition flashed soon in her face. She stared at me and formed a satisfying smirk.

HUH?!

'Rose, I think it's time to go.' Erebus snapped.

'What the hell---' I couldn't believe my eyes.

'We can focus on this later. We can catch the early bird if we go now.' He wisely instructed but I understood he was just trying to help me.

'Did you see that?!' I asked in disbelief.

'U-uh...'

I looked at Carlisa but apparently she had a sad look. She hadn't seen that vile smirk.

'After we solve the problem and bring an end to the suspicious freak show, we will come back. I need my hands on that authority. I can't let my family get hurt. I'm going to stay. I'm not letting this bish get to me. There's no way in hell am I letting this fricking female lead---' I stopped short.

My conscience stimulated with all my hard training.

Wow, author, congrats! Making me the villain, huh? Nuh-uh man! You have no authority to control me. Like I have said before, I'm the one who will be playing you!

I smiled wholeheartedly at Lily who was still staring at my face guessing whether I was some naïve creature who would step down at her convenience.

    Little did she know that I'm a no-nonsense girl. Too bad for her! Hehe...

I felt a piercing stare from my left and I turned my head to see Carlisa shaking her head violently at me. I smiled at her care for me.

I sent a heart from my fingers. She was shocked at my change of face. In return, she sent me triumphant eyes.

I sent a slyly pointed finger towards Lily and winked at Carlisa. She slapped her hand over her mouth in realization.

I made a deep bow to express my thanks. She sent me a flying kiss, fully knowing that I will return.