End of Days

Vevo's Pov)

I closed my eyes as I leaned back against the wall. After a few moments of peace the alarm went off. My eyes shot open. I heard the comlink on my wrist . Senator Amidala : "Vevo, the droid that had the bomb, took one vial of the blue shadow virus out the bomb." In shock I said "What?!" Immediately after I said that an explosion went off. The alarm now blaring even louder . The lights are now turning red. I looked at Lieutenant Steel. "What does that mean?" Lieutenant Steel: "That means the virus has been released." My eyes widened. I said, "We need to get to the safe room down south."

We all started to run as I looked behind us to see a blue mist fill the hallways. More clones join us in our sprint to the safe room. Doors were starting to shut as the whole facility went on lock down. I looked ahead to save room in front of us. It was now starting to close . 'We're not gonna make it.' I thought. I looked back to the virus catching up to us. I said "It's been an honor , fighting with such valiant warriors." Lieutenant Steel: " No need , to get sentimental on us Commander , we're going to make it." I said "Yes, you're going to make it." In a split second decision I stopped in my tracks and I used the force to hold back the blue mist. They all stop. Lieutenant Steel: "What are you doing ,sir." I grunted "Giving you time now go... I can't hold this... forever." He nodded. Lieutenant Steel: "You heard the Commander get to the safe room. Go, go , go! the rest Phantom company head to safe room. "Thank you sir, it has been a honor." He then followed after his men. I held the virus for as long as I can but i eventually lose focus and blue mist consumes me.

I coughed vigorously . I could feel the virus burning my lungs. I fell to one knee and thought 'This is it huh? This is how Vevo san Rush, daughter of Qymaen jai Sheelai and Ronderu lij Kummar , Demi-goddess of battle dies.' 'To some stupid virus.' 'What Kriffing a joke.' I heard over comlink about the droids possibly trying to let the virus out of the facility and into Naboo. As the transmission ended a blaster shot hit my wrist destroying my comlink. B1 Battle droid: " I hit her , I actually hit her." I stood up , activated my saber and started cutting down some droids. I thought 'If I'm gonna die, I'm taking some droids with me.'.

(Ahsoka's Pov)

We were now stuck in the safe room with one of the most deadly viruses this galaxy has ever seen outside our door. A clone slammed his fist on a control panel. Clone: "No, no, no." "Some of the virus got in here." "We didn't close the door fast enough." Rex: "We may be dead men,but we could still stop those droids." I said reassuringly , "Don't worry." "My master will find a cure for this virus." "We're not dead yet." My comlink went off. Senator Amidala: "Is anyone out there? Can anyone hear..." I cut in "Senator Amidala, we're trapped in the safe room at the end of complex B." Senator Amidala: "We'll be right there." "Are you contaminated?" I looked over to the two clones coughing and said "I'm afraid so."

As we waited for the Senator to release us from the safe room I tried to make contact with Vevo. I said through the comlink "Vevo, are you there." But no response in return. After a few minutes I tried to make contact with Lieutenant Steel. I said through the comlink "Lieutenant Steel do you read me." It came back a bit statically but the transmission came through. Lieutenant Steel: "Arc 2424 copy." I sigh in relief. I asked "What is your status Lieutenant Steel?" Lieutenant Steel:" We are currently locked in the safe room in complex D." I asked "Are you contaminated?" Lieutenant Steel: "No sir , we were able to close the doors in time." 'At least one of the squads didn't get infected.' I thought. I asked, "Is Commander Rush there with you?"

There was a long pause. Lieutenant Steel: "Commander Rush valiantly sacrificed herself for our survival." I looked down at the floor. A bit saddened by the news of Vevo not making it in the safe room. Rex put a hand on my shoulder. Rex: "Hey , there is no need to worry." "Like you said, General Skywalker and General Kenobi will find a cure." "Besides, Commander Rush is clever." "I'm sure she is fine." I look back up at Rex with a smile . I said, " You're right." Lieutenant Steel: "Commander Tano , are you still there?" I said "Yes." Lieutenant Steel: "Do you want us to leave the safe room to assist the destruction of the droids in the facility ." I said, "That's a negative Lieutenant." "Stay in the safe room , there is no need to risk contamination." Lieutenant Steel: "Yes sir."