Bane of My Existence

(Vevo's Pov)

We made it back to the Jedi Temple. We stood in the Jedi Council Chamber to discuss our failure. I was fuming. I mean how could I have been so foolish to have not sensed him. He was right next to me. I gritted my teeth and clenched my fist .I felt a sharp pain in my hands. I looked at my hand to see that I had cut myself with my nails. I took a deep breath and began to listen to the conversation again. Master Kenobi: "It is most unfortunate Bane was allowed to escape again." Master Windu: "With access to the names and locations of the most Force-sensitive children in the Republic." Master Yoda: "Inflict devastating damage on the Jedi order, he could." Master Skywalker: "We've discovered Bane's working with the Separatists." Master Kenobi: "There are thousands of children on that list. Which will he go after first?" Master Yoda: "Small chance there is, through the Force the Council may detect them." I leave the Council Chamber and start heading for the training room. I need to blow off some steam

Ahsoka appeared behind me. Ahsoka: " Hey V, you okay." I said " No, I'm still pissed that the scumbag got away. I should have known he was on the ship with us." Ahsoka: " Come on V, we were on the ship too. And besides I was the one that got captured in the first place. Which got us in the situation we have now. So you're not the only one at fault." She put her hand on my shoulder. I narrowed my eyes and said "You're right." I flick her in the forehead. Ahsoka: "Ow, what was that for?" She whined, rubbing her forehead. I said "That's for getting captured. Next time stay close to your master or me." Ahsoka: " Okay geez."

We find ourselves at the entrance of the training room. I asked, "Care to spare?" Ahsoka: "Sure." We head inside. I activate my emerald double-bladed lightsaber. She ignites her emerald blade as well. We both stared at each other. She had her usual confident smile. *Confident huh? Well I'll just use that against you.*I thought. She then charged at me and sent a couple simple strikes at me. Which I blocked repeatedly. She kept the assault up by throwing the same chain of 90 degree angled strikes. *Still using Shi-choi. A fairly simple form. But an annoying form to go up against.* I thought. We clash blades and I said "Still using form 1?" Ahsoka: " Is that a problem?"She grunted and I answered " No, there's no problem with using form 1. Master Kit Fisto only uses form 1 and he is one of the most prominent duelists in the order." I then pushed her back, knocking her off balance. I then use the other end of my lightsaber to send a strike for her head. She luckily ducked under the blade and jumped back. Ahsoka: " Woah." I said " Oh come on, I knew you would dodge." I now went on the offensive.

(Ahsoka's Pov)

Vevo began her assault and at first her strikes were easy to block and dodge. But as the fight went on her strikes became faster and more random. No sequence of strikes ever showed any pattern. Which made it more difficult to avoid. At some point in are duel her attacks became so rapid to the point where the blades of her saber became an emerald blur. It felt like was fighting someone with 4 lightsabers then her one double-bladed lightsaber.

Before I could realize it my back was up against the wall. She looked like she was going for a high guard downward slash but she fainted and went stab with the other end of her blade. I nearly dodged the attack falling over to the ground. Vevo then stood over with a blade pointed to my neck. I stared back into her cold reptilian eyes as the hum of her lightsaber echoed throughout the room. There was a weird sense of deja vu. Which was odd since I've never fought her before.

She deactivated her lightsaber and offered me a hand. I took her hand and she helped me up. Vevo: "It's been a long while since I had such good spar. I'm sorry if I got a little... Carried away." *A little, I felt like you were trying to kill me.* I thought. I just nervously chuckled, "It's fine, it wasn't too bad." Vevo: " Then we should do this more often." Without thinking I blurted out "No!" She looked a bit surprised. Then her long pointy ears drooped a bit as she seemed sad. Vevo: "Oh..Uh...Okay tha-" I interrupted her " No I mean I would love to spar with you."I tried to give her one of my most convincing smiles.