Liberty on Ryloth

Republic victory is at hand. Clone troopers, under the command of Jedi, have successfully invaded the Separatist-occupied world of Ryloth. Anakin Skywalker battles enemies in the skies, while Obi-wan Kenobi frees villages from the grip of vile Separtist leader Wat Tambor. Now Jedi General Mace Windu and Padawan Commander Vevo san Rush lead the attack on enemy lines in the final offensive to liberate the capital city of Lessu.

(Vevo's Pov)

At the break of dawn the siege of the capital city of Lessu had begun. Master Windu and I rode in AT-TE in the front. We traveled on a pathway under the edge of a cliff. We were 4 clicks from the capital. I sat closest to the front next to Master Windu. I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited to fight beside one of the strongest members in the Jedi order. I could hear the blaster fire hit the exterior of AT-TE. I said "Are you sure we're safe in this thing?" Clone: "I've been riding in these all my life and I'm still here." I let out a small sigh of relief until I felt a heavy amount of blaster fire hit our side, shaking the hull.

Then the front end of the AT-TE fell forward. I jumped out of my set as Master Windu opened the hatch on top.and helped out clones get out of this metal deathtrap. Master Windu: "Take cover." I jumped out of AT-TE and covered the clones. Master Windu went to the front of AT-TE to save the driver. He used the force to shatter the glass and grab the clones. I thought 'Hmmm I didn't know you could use the force like that.' I noticed that volley of blaster fire from their tanks had stopped firing at us and started to fire at our rear units. Commander Ponds had run up from behind . Commander Ponds: "We're pinned down." Master Windu: "Commander, bring out the Lighting Squadron." Commander Ponds held up his wrist communicator and screamed "I want a Lighting Squadron up here now!" Master Windu: Get the injured back. I'm gonna clear the road." I grabbed one of the injured clones and moved him near one of the AT-TE. As I look back I saw Master Windu with relative ease use the force to push the broken down AT-TE down the cliff. I was in awe , but I was quickly snapped back to reality when the Separatist tanks started firing down on us again. Commander Ponds: "Find some cover. Move it! Lets go!" I jumped behind a mound of dirt as 4 AT-RTs rushed by me. They stop in front of Master Windu. One of the clones jumped off their vehicles. Clone: "He's all yours, General." Master Windu jumps on the AT-RT. Master Windu: " We'll lead the way, Commander."

After Mace Windu led the charge against the Separatist tanks, inevitably destroying them all, we stood tall over the many tank carcasses. Master Windu and Commander Ponds pulled up beside me with their AT-RTs and jumped off their individual vehicles. They both started walking and I just quietly followed behind them. Master Windu: "How many men did we lose? Commander Ponds: "32 I think including the command crews of three walkers." "The good news is General Kenobi's broken their lines." "We can clear a path straight to the capital now." Master Windu this battle was costly." "We're going to need help to take the city." I looked back to see one of those spy droids again. I forced pulled it towards me and activated my lightsaber to cut it in half. Both Master Windu and Commander Ponds jerk around looking at me. They both looked down at the small spy droid cut in half. Master Windu raised an eyebrow at me. I said "it was spying on us." Commander Ponds: "How did you know it was there?" I said "Oh I saw a couple of these things in the civi's village." "So I've been keeping a eye out for them ever since." I picked up the lens for the droid's eye. I place it in a bag filled with these droid's lenses . Master Windu: "Let's head back to AT-TEs and start moving."

Master Windu and I were now in AT-TE in a holo meeting to report our progress. There was Chancellor Palpitine , Master Yoda, Admiral Yularen, Senator Taa. I noticed Ahsoka wasn't present in the meeting so my attention lay elsewhere. Chancellor Palpitine: "What's your progress, Skywalker?" Master Skywalker: "My fighters have secured control of the space around Ryloth." "We have the Separatist cruiser on the run." Chancellor Palpitine: "Very good, General Skywalker." Master Windu: "Master Kenobi has taken the Jixuan desert, so the southern hemisphere is ours." Senator Taa: "Then it's almost over." Master Windu: "Not yet. The key position is the capital of Lessu." "Our spies are certain the Separatist leader Wat Tambor has his command center there." Master Yoda: "When taken the city we have , capture Tambor we must." Master Windu: "It's not gonna be that easy, Master." "Tambor has chosen his stronghold well." "This plasma bridge is the only way in or out." Chancellor Palpitine: "I'm afraid a seize could drag on indefinitely." Senator Taa: "My people have suffered so much already." Master Yoda: "A plan you have to take the bridge Master Windu? Hmm? Master Windu: "With our forces stretching so thinly, I'm going to enlist the help of freedom fighters, led by Cham Syndulla." "His fight against the droids has made him a symbol of freedom for the people." Chancellor Palpitine: "Cham Syndulla was radical before the war." "He is very unpredictable." Senator Om Free Taa: "He can't be trusted. I know Syndulla seeks to gain power." "We were political rivals." I sighed and thought 'Ughhh politics, the ultimate excuse for the government to waste time and do nothing.' Master Windu I'll leave politics to you, Senator." "I'm going to do whatever I can to help these people." Chancellor Palpitine: "Perhaps we could send you Republic reinforcement instead." Admiral Yularen: "There are no reinforcements available, Chancellor." Master Windu: "We can't without Syndulla's help." And with that the meeting came to an end.