The Imposter

Jedi trapped on Felucia! Clones surrounded by droids. Their only hope is to escape on Republic gunships waiting to land on the embattled surface. Jedi cruisers have managed to blow a hole in droid defenses and have sent gunships to rescue.

(Ahsoka's Pov)

Vevo and I were holding off a company of droids and a tank. I stood on top of HAVw A5 Juggernaut deflecting blaster fire. Vevo was in the front lines gutting the droids with her Phantom Company. After what felt like an hour, the droids we're finally pulling back. My comlink goes off. Master Kenobi: "Ahsoka where are you? Ahsoka, what is your location?" I said "About six klicks east, Master." "We've got them on the run." Master Kenobi: "They're here to extract us." "We're leaving." I said "What? Wha...We can't retreat now, Master." "Vevo and I had broken through." "The droids are retreating." Master Kenobi: "We're outnumbered. You must evacuate.That is an order!" I said "Master Skywalker taught me never to let up when the tinnies are on the run." Master Kenobi: "They are running back here to regroup with the main force." "You are putting troops lives indanger , young one." "You will get on the gunship when we arrive."

The call ended and within a few minutes I saw Vevo pull back from her assault. I thought 'What is she doing? We have them on the run.' Vevo: "Fall back!" Phantom Company started to fall back to the juggernaut. Vevo then force jumped on top with me. She started to deflect blaster fire. Vevo: "We need to leave now." I said "Not you too, we have them on the run , we can take them." Vevo: "Ahsoka , listen to me they have us outnumbered , they have no reason to run." "I believe they are leading us into a trap." I shook my head and argued "We can't let up, we can do this." Vevo stopped deflecting blaster fire and turned to me with a look of fury in her eyes. . Vevo: Are you even listening? Or have you become as stubborn as your hard headed Master." I also grew upset at her comment and I fumed "You can say what you want about my Master but at least he's not a coward like you." Vevo: "If being a coward means not needlessly wasting the lives of my men then so be it." "We're leavi-"

My eyes go wide as I see Vevo get hit square in the chest by a stray blaster fire. She fell back but I caught her with one arm and deflected blaster fire with the other. I screamed "Vevo!" I checked her pulse to feel that it was weak. I heard LAATs fly over. They land right in front of Juggernaut. Master Skywalker: "Ahsoka follows orders and gets on the ship now." I picked up Vevo, threw her arm over my shoulder and jumped off the juggernaut heading inside the LAAT. As the LAAT lifted off I saw our position was completely surrounded by droids. In seconds they destroyed our vehicles. Master Kenobi: "What happened to her?" I said "It was my fault she was shot while she was arguing with me." I could see the look of disappointment on both of their faces. Master Kenobi turns on his communicator. Master Kenobi: "Get the medical unit ready at the hanger." "We have one injured aboard." As we entered the hangar the medical droids were waiting outside our LAAT. They put her on the stretcher and pulled her away.

(Vevo's Pov)

I slowly opened my eyes to see a bunch of medical equipment. I looked over to my right to see Master Kenobi standing over. My eyes widened as I shot up. I said "Maste-" I felt an aching pain in my chest and laid back down. Master Kenobi: "Woah , slow down young one , you took a heavy hit out there." I layed back down, I took a deep breath and asked "Where are we, are Ahsoka and Phantom Company okay?" I sit up again ignoring pain. Master Kenobi: "Where on Coruscant in the Jedi Temple , Master Plo koon and his 104th battalion extracted us." "Phantom Company relatively came out unscaved with some minor casualties." I asked "And Ahsoka?" Master Kenobi: "She has been put on temporary leave on the battlefield by the council." I said in a bit of shock "Really?" Master Kenobi: "She disobeyed orders , risked the lives of her men and you nearly died because of her actions." I attested "It wasn't her fault that got hit." "It was simply me being careless on the battlefield." Master Kenobi: "Even if that's the case this is not her first offense and the council believes a little break from the battlefield she'll have some time to reflect on her actions." I sat back and sighed conceding to the council's decision. I asked, "If Ahsoka is not going to be in battle, what will she be doing?" Master Kenobi: " She'll be on the archive security."