Chapter 6

Hwa-Young Pov

The next day Si-A and I were walking from school. "Hwa-Young, let me treat you something today since you've helped me yesterday." Si-A said while slightly looking up at me since I'm taller.

"Gwenchana. Instead, let me treat you." I said. "Wao? Are you crazy? I don't want you to waste your money on me." She said.

"It's okay. Come on. Just this once." I said as I take her hand and dragged her with me to a nearest restaurant.

"Yah! Hwa-Young! Stop!" She said. I laughed and stopped in front of the restaurant. "Mianhe. Now come on." I said as I walked inside with her close behind.

"Get anything you want." I said to her once we sat down.

______________________

"Hwa-Young, thanks for lunch today. I promise I'll treat you next time." Si-A said as we walked out of the restaurant after I paid for the food.

"Gwenchana. Keep your money. You worked hard on it." I responded. "How do you want me to pay for it then?" She asked.

"Yah, Hong Si-A. How many times do you want me to say gwenchana?" I said as I stopped her from her tracks and held her shoulders.

"Alright fine." She said finally giving up. "Come on, I'll walk you home." I said giving her my hand to hold. She grabbed my hand and started to drag me while running. I just laughed at her.

Little do I know, there was someone watching us from behind. My brother, Ji-ho.

_______________________

The next day I was in class waiting for the next teacher to come in. When someone shouted "Yah! Gu Ja-Seong!" He said.

When I turned around, i saw U-Young. My eyes widen as I saw him. Is he crazy!? What is he doing!?

"Let's fight." He said. His statement made Ja-Seong laughed. "Come on Hwa-Young, I need you." He said while dragging me.

____________________

Few minutes later everyone gathered at the school outdoor basketball court. We were surrounded by everyone.

It was Me, U-Young and Si-U verses Ja-Seong and two of his friends. Everyone looked at me like I'm crazy. What? Can't a girl play basketball?

Si-A Pov

I was outside with one of my friends when I saw everyone started running to the school outdoor basketball court. Then I saw Bo-Bae.

"Did you hear? Ja-Seong and Si-U are fighting." She said. "Wao?" I said and started running to the school outdoor basketball court.

There I saw it was Hwa-Young, U-Young and Si-U verses Ja-Seong and two of his friends. What is Hwa-Young doing there?

"Keep your promise." I heard U-Young said. "Okay. If you win, I'll leave Si-U alone from now on." Ja-Seong replied. "But if I win I get to punch you and your sister ten times." He said to U-Young and Hwa-Young.

What!? He is totally crazy! "Sure, but that's never gonna happen." Hwa-Young said with a chuckle. "Hey, were on the basketball team." One of Ja-Seong friends said.

"You can go first." Ja-Seong said as he gave the ball to U-Young. Hwa-Young chuckled. "Okay. First to ten points wins." She said. They started playing.

Wow, I didn't know that Hwa-Young was this good. She was almost as good as No-in. She passed the ball to Si-U but Ja-Seong grabbed it and scored a hoop.

They played for few more minutes till Si-U score the last hoop. Everyone started to cheer for them. I was so proud of my brother.I was just jumping and cheering for him.

Ja-Seong was about to leave but Hwa-Young stopped him. "Move" he ordered. "Don't be ashamed of losing. But...I will be embarrassing for a guy not to keep his word." She said.

"I get it, now step aside." He said angrily. She made way for him to walk but then she saw me. "Oh" she said when she saw me then she waved at me.

I panicked and widen my eyes. So I just looked down to hide my blushing face. She just laughed at me. Wow, that was embarrassing.

_______________________

Hwa-Young Pov

I waved at her when I saw her but she looked down to hide her blush. I just laughed at her cuteness and walked away.

________

I sighed as we sat down. It was after the game when U-Young and Si-U wanted to see me so I went to them.

"When you said that you wanted to fight him, I thought you meant fist fight." Si-U spoke up. I cracked a smile. "Violence isn't the answer to everything." I said as I pat his back lightly.

"Anyway, you're a waste of talent. You should be playing basketball. You were the biggest player earlier. You stood out. Don't lose heart. Be it in here or out in the real world, if you just do one thing well, you'll be respected. U-Young said while I nodded.

"Let's go" I said as we stood up. Then one of Ja-Seong's friends walked towards us. "Hey, Si-U. You weren't bad. I heard your dad was a failed basketball player." He said which made me laughed.

"You little jerk!" U-Young said as he kicked the guy's leg. "Never insults someone's parent." He said. "You nutjob." The guy said.

U-Young was ready to hit him again when the guy quickly ran. "Stop insulting me!" He shouted. I laughed and pat his back. "Si-U, you wanna watch baseball?" I asked Si-U as I turned to him.

"Baseball?" He asked. U-Young and I nodded.

________________________

Chapter 6 ✅