Chapter 14

Hwa-Young Pov

U-Young and I were just walking down the hallway when we saw Mr Choi. We walked past him as I slightly bowed.

"Yah, Hong Dae Young, Seo No-in!" He said which made us stopped and gulped. "Ah, right. That's not your names. You're U-Young and Hwa-Young." He said.

We stopped and turned to him as he walked towards us. "Did your father came home all right, last night?" He asked. We both nodded. "Really? Okay." He chuckled and walked away.

__________________

"As you know, the games are just around the corner. Make sure you get ready and stay on top of your game. There's a girl's match and a boy's match. Hwa-Young, U-Young and Si-U, you're still on reserve, so clean up before you leave." Mr Choi said as the practice is over.

Then, U-Young walked to Mr Choi. Si-U and I stayed there. "You did a great job today Si-U." I said as I faced him. "Thank you, Hwa-Young. You too." He smiled. Then U-Young walked back to us.

"Come on, let's clean up fast." He said. "Alright." Si-U and I said at the same time.

When we were almost done cleaning I spoke up. "You guys go ahead. I'll just mop the floor." I said as I gave Si-U the trash bag and I grabbed to the mop from him. "You sure?" They both asked. I just nodded.

They walked out as I continued to mopping. Then I saw Ja-Seong and his father arguing. His father slapped him which made me gasped.

They continued to argue and Ja-Seong's father walked off leaving him there on the floor. I saw him grabbed the bat from the equipment box getting ready to hit his father but then I shouted. "Gu Ja-Seong!"

_________________

We were practicing the next day. They were almost guys in suit watching us play.

The boys were up first. U-Young and Si-U did a great job of course. Then it's the girls turn. I scored most of the hoops.

Then we were all gathered at the middle of the court. "Now, these are the starters for the next game. For the boys, Bang Gi-Yong, Gu Ja-Seong, Hong Si-U, Ko U-Young and Lee Jin Hyeok." Mr Choi said. I felt relieved when he said Si-U's and U-Young's name.

"For the girls, Hwang Ji-Woo, Lee Ha-Yoon, Kim Joy, Kang Seo-Ah and Ko Hwa-Young. That's all." He sighed. Si-U and U-Young looked at me and we smiled at each other.

________________

It was the day of the game. Finally the day I've been waiting for. I'm very excited for this. My first game in a while.

It was the boys turn first so I sat down waiting for the girls turn. That's when U-Young and Si-U sat next to me. "Wao? Aren't you guys going?" I asked as they looked down.

"No, coach changed the starters names." U-Young replied. I just sighed not knowing what to do. We watched as the boys play. They were doing pretty bad.

Few minutes later, the Baejin High was at 67 points while Serim High is only at 54 points. That's when Mr Choi said "U-Young, Si-U get ready. Substitution." He said. They looked at me while I smiled at them.

When they went in, they did very well. We're catching up. Then U-Young scored a three pointer shot which made the boys team won. Everyone cheered for them.

They walked to me and hugged me. "That was great, guys." I told them. "It's your turn now." U-Young said to me. "Don't worry. We'll cheer on you." Si-U said. "Thanks guys." I said as I ruffled their hair.

"It's time for the girls team now." The announcer said as I jogged to the middle of the court.

When I heard the whistle, I quickly grabbed the ball and dribbled it as I passed it to my teammate which made her scored a hoop.

Then the opposite team grabbed the ball and dribbled it but I took it, ran and made a three pointer shot. I smiled and quickly ran.

I grabbed the ball and faked out to the opposite player in front of me as I passed it to my teammate as she scored another three pointer.

About ten minutes into the game, Baejin High was at 56 points while Serim High was at 59 points. We just need to made another hoop to win.

My teammate quickly grabbed the ball and dribbled it and passed it to me as I made a three pointer shot. Everyone cheered for us as my teammate all hugged me.

"SERIM HIGH WINS!!" The announcer shouted. Then I walked to U-Young and Si-U as they smiled widely and hugged me. "That's was so great!" Si-U said. "I agree." U-Young said. "Thanks guys." I said as we pulled away from the hug.

I saw Si-A up on the bleachers and I waved at her just like I always do after a game or practice but she never waved back. She smiled and waved back for once which made me smiled wider.

___________________

After the game, I left the building but then someone shouted my name. "Hwa-Young!" They said. I turned around to see Si-A. I opened my arms for a hug and she gladly accepted it.

"You did great today." She mumbled in my chest. "Thanks Si-A." I said as we pulled away. "You wanna walk me home?" She asked.

"You didn't even have to ask. I'll always walk you home." I responded. "That was so cheesy." She laughed as she dragged me out.

__________________

Chapter 14 ✅