Chapter 21

Hwa-Young Pov

"I'm not going to college." I overheard Si-A said. "Have you discussed with your parents?" Ms Ok asked her and she shook her head no.

"It's great to hear that you have specific plans and goals, but weather or not you go to college, it's an important decision. I hope you can discuss it with your parents." I heard Ms Ok said.

When we're done, I went outside and sat next Si-A. "You're not going to college?" I asked. "How did you know!?" She asked as she looked at me.

"I went right after you. I heard you." I replied. "So, what do you want to do? Come on, you can tell me." I asked. "I want to be a make up artist." She responded.

"It's more than just putting makeup on others." She said. "Really?" I asked. She explained to me her plans for the future and I just listened to her while smiling.

"You must, really love doing that." I said. "I do. Very much." She replied while smiling widely.

_________________

I was just walking home alone, when I saw Si-A walking by herself looking down. "Si-A!" I said and ran to her. "Not in the mood, Hwa-Young." She simply replied which made me frowned.

"Why? Something happened?" I asked as we walked together. "I really don't want to talk about it." She responded. "Okay. At least let me walk you home." I said. She nodded and held my hand.

When we arrived we saw Ms Jung standing there. She's probably just waiting for Si-A. But I noticed that they're looking at each other with a sad expression.

I'm guessing they fought. So, it's my cue to leave. "I'll get home. Bye." I told her with a small smile planted on my face. "Alright. Get home safely." She said like she always do and gave me a hug then I left.

__________________

Si-A's Pov

Few days later, I sat down outside reading my bankbook again. Then Ji-ho sat next to me. "A bankbook?" He asked. "My mom and dad left a record of my life in this bankbook since the day I was born." I told him.

"It must be great." He said. "I think I was mistaken of my mom and dad. Especially my dad." I said. "I told you he was a good person." He said.

Then I saw Hwa-Young walked by and waved at me, so I waved back making her smiled. "Man. I really hate her." He said. "Hwa-Young? Why? She seems okay to me." I asked.

"What about her, that seems okay to you?" He asked as he turned to me. "Well, she seems nice. What about you? Why do you hate her?" I replied and asked him.

"She likes you. You like him too." He answered making me laughed. "Yah, I don't like her." I laughed. "You don't?" He asked and I nodded. "Anyway, why do you hate that?" I asked him back.

"Because I like you." He replied and my smile dropped. "Yah, stop joking around. That wasn't even funny." I said while chuckled awkwardly.

"I have to go." I told him. I grabbed my stuff and walked away from him.

_________________

Hwa-Young Pov

Mr Ko texted us to come and see him. So, U-Young and I took a cab to the restaurant. When we arrived, we saw Mr Ko sitting there with a sad expression.

"Is it because of Ms Ok?" I asked as U-Young and I sat down in front of him. "It's really over now." He told us. "So? You're going to give up?" U-Young asked.

"I have no other choice. There's nothing I can do." He cried. "What do you mean, there's nothing you can do? You're just going to give up on her like that?" I asked as I faced him.

"You said you fell for her at first sight. Don't lose her and regretted like I did." U-Young said. "Deok Jin, don't give up because of me." He continued and Mr Ko nodded.

__________________

Ji-ho's Pov

I was calling Si-A the whole time as I was walking but she won't pick up her phone. That's when I saw her and guys all around her.

I ran to them and kicked one of the guys making him fell on the other guys. Then Si-A grabbed my hand and we ran with the guys close behind.

We ran as fast as we can and I didn't even realized that we ran passed Ja-Seong and his friends. Once they were not following us anymore, we stopped as I let go of her hand.

I was breathing heavily and I looked at her. "Did you get injured?" I asked as I grabbed her hand. "I'm fine." She replied and pulled her hand away from me.

"Do I make you feel uncomfortable?" I asked and she looked at me and shook her head. "You're so bad at lying. Si-A." I said making her look at me. "I'm sorry." She apologized.

"Why are you sorry? I'm the one that did this to us. You can just ignore what I said. I don't want us to feel awkward around each other because of me." I explained.

"Can you at least tell me who do you like?" I asked. "Ji-ho...." She started. "I like your sister." She said. I looked at her and smiled. "No-in? Well then, she must be lucky." I told her.

"You're not mad then?" She asked. "Of course not, just promise me something." I said. "What?" She said and looked at me. "Promise me you tell my sister how you feel." I responded.

"I'll get home now." I told her and walked away.

__________________

Hwa-Young Pov

I was walking back from practice, I was super tired. I bad a trying day today. That's when I saw Si-A walking alone. "Yah, Si-A!" I shouted and walked towards her.

"Hwa-Young, what are you doing here?" She asked. "Just got back from practice. What about you?" I asked her back.

"I was just with Ji-ho. He left not so long ago." She said. "He left you? Aish, that dude. Come on, I'll walk you home." I said and held her hand and she smiled.

When we arrived, we saw U-Young and Si-U talking but then Si-U went inside and U-Young was about to leave. Then he saw us. "Oh, walking her home again?" He asked me with a small smile.

"Yeah." I responded. "I'll get inside. Be careful on your way home, you two." Si-A said to us and walked inside. Then U-Young walked to me and put his arms around my shoulder.

"Let's go grab a drink." He said and I nodded.

__________________

Chapter 21 ✅