Chapter 7

Hwa-Young Pov

"I knew it! Thursday man, Ye Ji-hun!" U-Young shouted. We were now here at our house watching baseball. We also invited Si-U to come over.

U-Young drank his drink Mr Ko poured for him. "Yah, this is beer." He said. "Ah right, you quit drinking." Mr Ko responded as he took the drink from his hand.

"Mom?" Si-U said when he saw his mom on the tv. "That lunatic!" U-Young shouted as we saw some guy on the tv splashed water on Mrs Hong.

But Mrs Hong quickly continued the interview like nothing happened. "Hey, Da Jeong. Not bad." Mr Ko
complimented.

"Your mom is so great! She's the best!" U-Young said. I nodded, agreeing with him. "You're right." Si-U responded.

"Hwa-Young, U-Young. Should I play with you guys? Basketball?" Si-U asked. U-Young and I smiled at him proudly. "Yes, of course you should." I replied to him. "That's great news for me." U-Young said as he looked at his son proudly.

_______________________

I was at school the next day in class just waiting. I read a lot of bad things about Mrs Hong lately. I felt bad. Then I overheard Ja-Seong and his friends conversation.

"The water slap lady is Si-A's mom." His friend said. "The water slap lady?" Ja-Seong said. "Yes, she got pregnant with her in highschool." The other guy said.

"I knew it. She looks just like her mom." Ja-Seong replied. "Like what? Her face?" His friend asked. "No. A girl who looks like that, turned out to be a slut. Si-A will be a slut too." He said while smirking.

His friends laughed with him. I couldn't do it anymore. I stood up, walked to him and punched him in the face. U-Young looked at me.

Ja-Seong stood up angrily and grabbed my collar. "Hey, are you sick of living? I always kill people who hit me." He said. I pushed him off of me.

"Really? Then do it!" I said. He went to punch me but I kicked his chest as he fell to the floor. "Aish!" He said and threw the trash can at my way which made me duck.

I kept dodging his punches but one hitted me in the face. I was on the ground. He kept kicking me on the stomach. He grabbed the broomstick and was about to hit me but U-Young grabbed his hand.

I took my chance to push him hard. I punched him and he landed on the floor outside of class. He got on top of me and was about to punch me but someone spoke up. "Stop that! Who is this? Gu Ja-Seong and Ko Hwa-Young? Aish! Follow me now!" The teacher shouted.

He got off me and we followed the teacher. When we were going down the stairs I saw Si-A so I covered my bruised face with my hand. Suddenly she stopped me and move my hand and studied my bruised face.

"Hwa-Young...." She said. But the teacher shouted. "Yah! Ko Hwa-Young!" He said and I kept on walking.

When we arrived the teacher asked us why did we fight and something like that but we stayed silent. "Fine, if you don't feel like telling your teacher, you can talk to your parents. Let's see." He said as he was about to make a phone call.

"This rascal, suddenly punched me." Ja-Seong lied. I glared at him. "Suddenly?" The teacher said. That's when Mr Choi came in. "You punks. Kids fight. It's part of growing up. Don't worry. I'll call their parents. Come on out, you two." He said to the teacher as he walked out.

We followed him then he stopped so we stopped. "It's okay. Look up. Fighting is a part of growing up. Go back inside and focus on your class." He said to us. We both bowed and went back to class.

__________________

Si-A's Pov

"Yah! Ja-Seong!" I shouted at him while he was walking by the stairs. He stopped in his tracks and turned to me.

"I heard everything. I decided to ignore your disgusting comment." I said and he chuckled. "But I can't ignore how you insulted my mom and beat up Hwa-Young." I said. Then I punched him in the stomach.

He held his stomach. "Don't you dare say that again." I said to him. "Yah." He said. I turned to him. "And one more thing. If you ever pester Si-U again, it's war time for you and I." I said.

___________________

Hwa-Young Pov

I sat in class with my bruised face as I kept on studying.

Then Si-A walked in and she sat down. I looked down. "Hey, here let me help." She said and put the ice pack on my bruises. "I can do it myself you know." I chuckled as I faced her.

"I know, but you've helped me too much for the past 2 days, Ko Hwa-Young." She said and I cracked a smile. What I didn't know is that someone was glaring at me.

_________________

It was pretty late right now but I decided to visit Si-A at work. I walked in and when she saw me, she smiled.

"Hey, Hwa-Young. What're you doing here?" She asked. "Just came to visit." I said. Suddenly she pulled my hand sat me down on one of the chairs.

"What are you doing?" I asked. She ignored me at first. She got a bandage and put it on my bruises. "There. Just so you don't worry your dad." She said.

She stood up and got back to work while I stood up to grabbed some food. "Si-A, have you eaten?" I asked as I turned to her. "No" she answered. I nodded. "Okay" I replied. That's when U-Young came in.

"U-Young? What are you doing here?" She said which made me looked back to see U-Young. "To grab some food." He replied. "Oh! Hwa-Young. What are you doing here?" He asked as soon as he saw me.

"Same reason why you are here." I said. "Cool" he said and grabbed one of the ramen and walked to the counter and he paid. He was about to walk out but I stopped him.

"Yah, can you wait for me? We'll go home together." I suggested. "Arasso. I'll wait outside." He said and walked out.

I grabbed one of the meals, went to the counter and paid for it. "Here. That's for you. Take care." I said passing her the food after I paid and walked out. "Yah! Hwa-Young!" She shouted but I ignored her.

When I walked out I saw U-Young was smirking. "You like my daughter don't you?" He asked as we walked home.

"What? I never said that." I replied. "Oh come on, I even saw that you bought food for her." He said. "Well... maybe?.." I said."Aha! I knew it." He shouted which made me jumped.

____________

Chapter 7 ✅