Chapter 17

Hwa-Young Pov

"Alright." I said as I started playing and he started to sing.

(Sorry if you don't like this song.)

I found a love for me
Oh darling, just dive right in and follow my lead
Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet
Oh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me

'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
And in your eyes, you're holding mine

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms

Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favourite song
When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight

Well I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know
She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home
I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets
To carry love, to carry children of our own

We are still kids, but we're so in love
Fighting against all odds
I know we'll be alright this time
Darling, just hold my hand
Be my girl, I'll be your man
I see my future in your eyes

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
When I saw you in that dress, looking so beautiful
I don't deserve this, darling, you look perfect tonight

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person
And she looks perfect
I don't deserve this
You look perfect tonight

I started to strumming it slowly as the song finished. Everyone clapped their hands at us. "Wow, she plays the guitar well. Right Si-A?" I heard Bo-Bae said while smiling.

"She does." Si-A replied. "Hwa-Young play another song." Bo-Bae asked me. I nodded.

(The first one)

When I'm done, I looked at Si-A. Her eyes were almost watery. It's probably because I used to play this song to her when she's sad. As No-in, of course.

___________________

U-Young and I finally arrived at the school's festival. I was wearing casual clothes.

They were a lot of people already

They were a lot of people already. There's a lot of stalls. There's also a big stage. It was decorated nicely.

"It reminds me of the old days." U-Young said as he looked around. "Same." I said as I pat his shoulder. We walked together as we came across a place where we saw Si-A's friends.

Wonder where she is. We were about to walk there but Si-A's friend said "Si-A! Come on out." One of Si-A's friend shouted. Then we saw Si-A walked out with a beautiful red dress.

"When did she grow up? She looks exactly like her mom." U-Young said. I also noticed that Ji-ho and Ja-Seong were drooling over her.

Then I saw that Si-A and her friends were trying to take a selfie. "What a shame. We can't see our dresses." Si-A said. "Stand right there. I'll take some for you." I shouted and walked towards them.

I took out my phone and got ready. "All right. What should I do?" I asked. "Keep snapping. Make us look pretty." Si-A answered which made me chuckled.

"You look pretty enough already." I said with a smile. They all smiled as I took the pictures. They also did some poses.

When I'm done, I put my phone back in my pocket. "Thanks, Hwa-Young. I'll catch up with you when I'm done." Si-A said. "Arasso." I said and walked away.

"That punk!" I overheard Ja-Seong and Ji-ho said to me from behind. U-Young and I grabbed some food and played some games. Just having fun.

We started walking again. "Hey, I think I'll head home." U-Young told me. "Alright then. Be careful." I said as he walked away.

I felt lonely so I walked to the stage. I saw the announcer on the stage said "Now, there's a special event prepared for a special someone. A brave young man from Serim High School would like to sing a song for his special someone, Hong Si-A." He said.

This made everyone cheered and clapped their hands meanwhile I'm here confused. That's when we saw Ja-Seong walked in from the festival entrance, singing.

Everyone moved and made Si-A stood there by herself listening to Ja-Seong singing. Some people cheered, some people looked it in disgust while I looked at it with mixed sadness and jealousy expression.

When he's done, one of his friends gave him a bouquet of flowers as he gave it to Si-A. "Si-A, it's been weird how you've been on my mind recently." He started.

"I like you." He continued as everyone gasped. Then everyone started chanting.

"Say yes!"
"Say yes!"
"Say yes!"
"Say yes!"
"Say yes!"

When she grabbed the flowers, I widen my eyes. Like what!? Everyone started to clapped as Ja-Seong smiled. I couldn't watch it anymore, so I walked away.

Thats when the lights started exploding. People started running and pushed past me.

_________________

I was walking down the stairs with Ji-ho. He asked me to company him to our classroom because he forgot something.

As we walked, we heard people talking. We peeked and saw Ja-Seong and Si-A. "You should take this back now." She said as she handed Ja-Seong the bouquet back.

"What? Why did you suddenly changed your mind?" He asked. "I didn't. I thought that you'd be embarrassed you if I turned you down back there, so I pretended to take it." She replied.

"I was gonna turn you down, from the beginning." She continued. "Why? Do you like someone else?" He asked. "Yes." She said as she nodded.

Ji-ho and I silently cheered and walked away.

___________________

Chapter 17 ✅