Chapter 18

Hwa-Young Pov

The next day, I walked into the classroom to see Si-A studying. "Si-A, wanna go see baseball today?" I asked.

"Baseball? Out of nowhere?" She asked as she looked up. "I bought two tickets already. And also, Ye Ji Hun is going to play." I told her.

"What? Ye Ji Hun? Okay, let's go. Let me see the tickets." She said as she smiled and I passed her the tickets. I leaned back to the other table as she looked at the tickets.

_________________

I waited for Si-A at the entrance as I looked at my phone. "Hwa-Young!" She said. I looked up from my phone and smiled as I hugged her.

"Hey. You ready? You go take a seat first. I'll go get us some drinks." I told her. "Alright." She said and walked away.

After I bought the drinks, I walked to our seats to see U-Young sitting next to Si-A. "U-Young?" I asked. "Oh, Hwa-Young. You two are here together?" He asked and we nodded.

"I thought you were here with Ja-Seong or Ji-ho." He said under his breathe. "Then I'll leave you two. I'll just get another seat." He said as he stood up.

"Good luck, bud." He said as he pat my back and smiled. "That was weird." Si-A said when U-Young was gone. "Tell me about it. Here." I said as I passed her drink.

___________________

"One, two, three." Ji Hun said as he took a selfie with Si-A. U-Young and I looked at them as we crossed our arms. "Thanks, Ji Hun." Ms Jung said.

"Don't mention it. You guys want one too?" He asked U-Young and I. "Aniyo!" U-Young and I said at the same time as he just chuckled.

"Da Jeong, you don't have plans right? Then let's all go for dinner. It's on me. I don't usually do much for my fans. But when I do, I make it count." Ji Hun said. I saw Si-A smiled and bit her lip.

I looked at them in jealousy. "You guys wanna join too?" He asked U-Young and I again. "Aniyo!" We both answered once again and he chuckled.

"Mom, let's go with him." Si-A said and I turned my head to her. "Let's go. You're my fan too." Ji Hun said. "Okay, then. Just this once." Ms Jung replied as Si-A smiled.

__________________

"Over here. Sit right here." Si-A said as she pat the seat next to her. When he was about to sit there, I quickly sat down on it.

"What are you doing? That's Ji Hun's seat." She said to me. "What? There's plenty of seats." I said. "Don't worry. I'll scootch over. Is that good." Ms Jung said and moved to another seat.

Ji Hun was about to seat but then U-Young quickly sat on it. Yes! Uh- um anyway.. "What are you doing? Why did you follow us anyway?" She asked. "I was hungry!" U-Young said.

"Looks like Si-A has more fans that I do. Boys and even girls." Ji Hun said as he smiled at me. "Wao?" Si-A asked in confusion. "No, nothing." He replied.

Well, dinner was interesting. We ate as we walked about some stuff. Then it was time to leave. "Si-A, you're going home with your mom?" I asked her. "I don't know. It looks like she's going home with Ji Hun." She replied.

"Then, let me walk you home." I said to her. "Okay." She said and we walked together.

A few minutes later, we arrived at her house and ran into Si-U. "Oh, Hwa-Young, Si-A. Where were you guys?" He asked. "Hey, Si-U. She just walked me home. I'll get inside now. Bye, Hwa-Young." She replied.

"Since, you're here, I wanna ask you something." Si-U said as soon as Si-A's inside. "Sure, what is it?" I asked. "Well, do you like my sister?" He asked.

I chuckled and answered. "I don't know." I replied. "You don't know?" He asked as I nodded. "Well, if you do, you might have to compete with No-in. She seems to like my sister." He chuckled as I widen my eyes.

I was that obvious? How did he know? "Sure. Well, I gotta get home now." I said. "Alright. Walk home safely." He said as he gave me a hug.

__________________

Next day, I was at this small store next to the cafeteria. I walked in and saw Bo-Bae. I was about to say hi but then I heard her say "I'm a bit short." She said as she counted her money and put the food back down.

I walked towards her and grabbed the food before she put it back. "You should eat well. You're still growing." I said. I walked to the fridge and grabbed a soda.

"Have some soda too." I said as I smiled. "Okay. Thanks." She said. "Eat well and study hard, okay?" I said and walked to the counter to pay for her food.

After class everyone else walked out ready for the next class. Everyone was out as I stood up ready to leave but Bo-Bae stopped in front of me. "Hwa-Young." She said.

"Yes, what is it?" I asked. "I like you too." She said after she looked around the class to check if anyone's there. "Wao?" I said with my eyes slightly widen.

"I kinda figured how you felt after you saved me from that scary guy on the bus. You kept looking at me in class. You'd smile at me and complimented me." She explained.

I put my phone and books down on the table and sighed. "Look, I think there's a misunderstanding here." I started as I clapped my hands together.

"I don't think I could return the feelings. I'm sorry." I apologized. "Why? You like someone else?" She asked. "Yes, I do. But, I haven't told her yet." I sighed.

"So, you do?" She asked. I looked at her and said "Oh, it's nothing. Let's get to class" as I grabbed my books and walked out.

__________________

Chapter 18 ✅