Chapter 168 - Extra 3.5: He Qian and Sweet Pea

This was the first time he saw He Qian with such a cold detached expression. In that moment, Sweet Pea froze where he stood, incapable of speaking.

Seeing him speechless, He Qian finally noticed some irregularities. He subconsciously went to look at ‘Rong Qing’’s eyes. Crossing gazes, his heart shook violently!

Sweet Pea saw his expression change and suddenly realized something. He Qian called him ‘CEO Rong’ just now? But from Sweet Pea’s memories, wasn’t ‘CEO Rong’ the boss of the company where He Qian was working at now?

Feeling chaotic in an instant, Sweet Pea managed to grab on to one important thought.

No. he can’t let He Qian see him in his current state!

Thinking so, he turned his head and ran!

Seeing him turn and run off, He Qian blurted out “Wait!” in an attempt to detain him. Freezing for a second, he violently threw off his blankets.

Not right! That’s not ‘CEO Rong’! That’s his upperclassman! Those eyes! Belonged to his upperclassman!

Flipping out of the bed, He Qian fell to the floor with a loud bang. The tubing from the IV on the back of his hand tugged at the IV pole and pulled it clattering to the floor. Blood started to pour out in large amounts from the back of his hand.

Sweet Pea, who just ran a few steps away, halted and couldn’t resist looking back inside. With this glance, he was so scared his soul almost jumped out of his body!

In that brief time, the blood that poured out from the site of the needle spilled all over the floor! An extremely terrifying sight!

“You!” At this moment, how can Sweet Pea still care about running or not. He hastily pressed the bell for the nurse while hurrying back to help He Qian up.

The charge nurse just happened to be passing by. Walking in and nimbly cleaning up everything, the nurse showered the two people with reprimands: “You already have exhaustion from working overload and malnutrition. Now look at this mess. The vitamin shot that you just received might as well have gone to waste. Who knows how many chickens you’ll have to kill to get all of this nutrition back.”

Done scolding He Qian, the charge nurse went to glare at Sweet Pea: “You too. Since you bought your friend here, don’t you know his situation? Were you the one running around in the hallway just now? What’s wrong with you? Don’t you know you’re in a hospital?”

The two people timidly nodded their heads, afraid to attract her fury again. After a while, they finally sent her off.

As soon as the charge nurse left, the room instantly fell into a weird silence.

He Qian wanted to look at the eyes of the man in front of him, but at the same time, he was somewhat scared. Three months. He’s been bothered by this thing for three month now.

In these three months, it felt like he was the only person who noticed that his upperclassman disappeared, only leaving behind a robot running on a present program.

Rong Corp expanded daily. His workload increased daily. And that upperclassman also became more lifeless daily. However, He Qian grew even more certain that, that person, definitely wasn’t his upperclassman. He Qian abruptly lifted his head.