Chapter 169 - Extra 3.6: He Qian and Sweet Pea

He Qian asked all of the people at the hospital one by one. However, without exception, everyone only remembered that before he fainted, he called the ambulance himself.

It was as if... the existence of the real Rong Qing was erased by some mysterious force.

He Qian expressionlessly returned to his hospital bed. Sitting for a while, he suddenly stood up and said in an urgent tone at Sweet Pea: "No. we can't stay in this hospital anymore. I have to bring you home."

Sweet Pea didn't understand but seeing his flustered appearance, he obediently rested on He Qian and let him bring him home.

Ignoring the doctor's advice and completing the discharge paperwork, He Qian hastily brought Sweet Pea back to his rented apartment.

Reaching home, he closed the door before finally relaxing. He seriously held up Sweet Pea and looked into his eyes: "It's still you, right?"

Sweet Pea nodded his head and lightly meowed.

What... was He Qian afraid of?

He Qian looked him over again and again before finally stating: "You've been at home for 3 month already. This has never happened."

Sweet Pea froze for a second and then immediately understood.

That's right. When he was staying at home, everything was normal. When he was Sweet Pea, everyone remembered him. The veterinarian even added He Qian's Wechat so if He Qian had any questions regarding Sweet Pea, he could ask the vet via Wechat. Occasionally, he'd even receive some instructions from the vet.

The man and cat both fell silent.

After a while, He Qian carried Sweet Pea to his bed and they laid down together: "Forget it. Too many things happened today. Let's take a nap together. We can handle it when we wake......"

Done speaking, he already sank into deep slumber due to exhaustion.

Sweet Pea stood up from the curve of his elbow, looked at the thick black bags under his eyes, bit the blankets and covered He Qian with it, before finally squeezing into his arms, curling up and closing his eyes.

Time to nap with He Qian. These things... They can deal with after waking up.

After everything that happened and learning that his upperclassman didn't disappear, but rather had turned into the kitty by his side, He Qian recovered his usual health and vigor.

With the experience he gained from the high pressure working environment at Rong Corp for the last three months, he very quickly conducted a series of tests regarding the issue with his upperclassman's body.

"So when you're Sweet Pea, memories of you won't be erased. But if you appeared with your original appearance, as soon as you returned back to Sweet Pea, everyone would forget you." Holding the feathered cat toy, He Qian waved it casually as he analysed.

Sweet Pea glanced at him and did his best to suppress his restless paws. He circled He Qian's legs and rubbed against him, nodding his head.

From the results of tests they've performed currently, this was indeed the case.

He Qian picked him up, hugged him in his arms, and scratched him under the chin: "Then I'll just call you Sweet Pea in the future, just in case. But... the trigger for your shapeshifting, what is it?"