Chapter 170 - Extra 3.7: He Qian and Sweet Pea

Sweet Pea’s round eyes widened. The two kids in his arms instantly stopped crying and started laughing. The people in the surrounding area all began to applaud and offer words of blessing.

Finally, He Qian became more clear-headed.

He pulled back slightly, carefully examined the person in front him. Seeing only some ashes on Sweet Pea's face, but the rest of his body safe and sound, He Qian finally let out a breath of relief.

Sweet Pea’s face turned slightly red, but very quickly he recovered his calm and put the two kids down. The two kids adorably thanked him before running off to their mothers to the side.

“How come you came back?” Moving He Qian to the side, Sweet Pea finally remembered to ask.

Shouldn’t He Qian be meeting with a client right now? How come he came running back? Wouldn’t the client mind?

He Qian explained briefly, then he suddenly remembered something and asked somewhat urgently: “How long have you been human?”

Sweet Pea froze for a moment: “Not very long.”

He Qian questioned more: “Do you feel like you’re going to change back?”

Sweet Pea shook his head: “I don’t feel anything.”

He Qian slightly let out a breath. That’s good.

The two people both fell silent for a while.

Sweet Pea suddenly looked away and asked in a quiet voice: “You… why did you kiss me just now?”

He Qian remained silent for a while.

And then suddenly smiled.

“I discovered that I’ve been pretty stupid.”

Sweet Pea: ……?

He was surprised. How did the topic suddenly jump here?

However, he still tilted his head to look at He Qian: “What do you mean?”

He Qian reached out, grabbed his hand and intertwined their fingers together. Some good natured whistling came from people in the surrounding area. Sweet Pea attempted to struggle a bit, but no result.

He obediently gave up resisting and looked at He Qian, waiting for an explanation.

Pulling him away from the crowd, He Qian was still a bit worried that this person might suddenly turn back to a cat. If that happened, his confession would be a bit too pitiful.

Leading him a bit of distance away, He Qian finally looked into the man’s eyes. In the last two years, he’s always depended on these eyes to differentiate his real upperclassman and that unknown, mysterious thing.

“I…” He paused, considering his words carefully.

“In the past,” Looking into Sweet Pea’s eyes, he slowly said: “I always wondered if I confessed to liking you now, would it count as taking advantage of you in your moment of need. I’ve always liked you, even when we were students, I’ve liked you. Never stopped.”