09. Guinevere x Aamon | "Why not me"✅

Aamon is so handsome by the way--and he's big OMG. This book is basically Guinevere x All so I'm gonna ship her with everyone and I hope you forgive me but that's the purpose of this book. Lol, depends. Anyways, let's all be sad for a moment here.

--

[ Guinevere x Aamon ]
Why not me?

He was happy, his eyes were smiling while looking at her in her wedding dress. Guinevere was fitting the white gown she's about to wear tomorrow--her most awaited day. And he couldn't help but to curve a smile. She looks perfect, the love of his life looks so perfect.

And Aamon Paxley had always wanted to see Guinevere Baroque in her white gown. He had always wished, hoped and pray to see her in her glorious momentum stepping on the aisle with him.

"You knew very well that I really loved you, Guinevere, right? And I still do... I always do..." He said, it almost sounded like a broken whisper, "Watching you in your wedding dress, I couldn't be more happy..." Suddenly, he shred a tear.

Guinevere stopped checking herself for a while and stared at the man sobbing in front of her. She claimed the distance between them and softly caressed his blushing cheeks as she wiped the tears away.

She smiled, "I know... and thank you for loving me, Aamon."

Aamon held her palm on his cheeks and rubbed it gently, feeling her softness. He stared at her again, full of adoration and admiration in his eyes, "Y—yeah, you look so beautiful, love."

Guinevere backed abit and checked her gown again, probably avoiding him, "T—thank you."

"I've always wanted to see you in your wedding dress. I wanted to stand in the aisle while waiting for you, I've always longed for that day to come." Aamon slowly grabbed her hand, "And it'll be tomorrow, Guin..."

Guinevere let him do whatever he wants to do for the mean time, for the last time, suddenly melancholic nostalgia filled the ambiance and her heart shattered into pieces watching the man infront of him break, "Aamon..."

He smiled at her as he caressed her beautiful cheeks, "But instead of waiting in the aisle... I'll be the one to turn you on the guy who'd wait for you tomorrow in the aisle." His tears fell, "Damn, Gusion."

"I..."

Aamon shook his head, implying it's all right and no one's at fault for everything that's happening right now, "You don't need to say anything, Guin. We both love him, he and I both love you, but that's all platonic. Though I've loved you... and still love you tho with all my life. You and him, loves each other deeply..." His voice broke, it was the saddest sound Guinevere ever heard. "You love him, not the way you love me. You love me as a friend, as his brother, but never your lover."

"Aamon..."

His grips on her palms tightened, "It's okay, I will do this... for the both of you. I've always wanted to see you in your wedding dress, baby. But not like this..." He wiped his own tears, "Me, being your best man... I can't... really, but I have to. Because I love the both of you."

"I'm sorry..."

Aamon stared at her again, and Guinevere just wanted to break down that moment. She could feel his agony, his sadness, she doesn't want to see him like this. He deserves the world, he deserves the best, this is too sad for her to handle.

His soft stares, even though he looks so tough, he always show her his soft side. He breaks down at her, they shared his crestfallen, until he fell and she remained the friend she had always been.

Aamon reached for her face, "For the last time, my love. Let me ask you..."

The atmosphere became heavy, suddenly they both found it hard to breathe.

"Why not me?"

It was so heartbreaking, that was the most simple yet stupidest and most heartbreaking question Guinevere has ever encountered. They're both at the threshold of their controls, they're about to cry and break down infront of each other. He doesn't want to turn things like this and she doesn't want to see him like this.

But they both need to face everything, for their own sake.

Guinevere sighed and closed her eyes, "Because I love Gusion more than you think. I love him with all my life... I love your brother, Aamon."

Aamon slowly stepped away from her. He finally lets go of her soft hands, it was unbearable, the pain they're both feeling is unpleasant. It's heartbreaking, Aamon is breaking despite looking so fine with just tears in his face.

"Yes, yes, fuck, I know. Why did I even ask? I don't want to die yet." He heaved a simple laugh but it broke so easily, his voice became hoarse, "Well, thank you for being honest with me."

"And I'm sorry again. Thank you for everything, Aamon."

He turned his back on her, he couldn't do this anymore. He's about to reach his downfall, he's at verge of losing control, "Well, I have to go now. See you tomorrow, Guin. And until then..."

"S-sure."

But before everything, before their last of lasts. Aamon came back running to her giving her a tight hug. He showered her his last kisses, on her forehead, nose, cheeks, jaw, and lips... for the last time. Just for the last time. A kiss of goodbye. And then he ran away from the place, taking his broken heart out, embracing nothingness to ease the pain. But before he totally left, he whispered something to her that made her cry.

"Please be mine, in our next life."