11. GuGu | Strawberry✅

Basically, this is a request from a good friend of mine. A simple one-shot of GuGu break-up and then meeting after years. This is the simplest I've written--maybe? I don't know if u think of this as lame or what but I tried my best writing this as simple as I can so here.
***

GUGU | Strawberry

It was their graduation day when they broke up. She was holding the strawberry shortcake which is his favorite. She never liked the flavor, yah, she's weird for not liking it but she took loving it instead because of him. Her hands were trembling as well as her lips, her grip on the ribbon of the cake tightened. She's at the verge of breaking, she's at the threshold of controlling her emotions. She's about to break it.

"I'm sorry," Guinevere muttered, she was infact about to cry. No, she doesn't want this. She's not doing this on purpose or what. She never dreamt of hurting him one day, but they needed to do this. Their relationship is simply unhealthy anymore, they both need to heal, space and time.

Gusion sighed, "Is this really what you want?"

Guinevere nodded, "I love you so much. I'm not breaking up with you because I hate you, no, I love you. We're not breaking up because we hate each other. We just need time... this is unhealthy. Our relationship is getting toxic..."

"Guin,"

"You'll be going to Manila for college, I'll stay here in Bicol." She sighed and looked up to him, their orbs danced against each other, she was about to cry and he's showing a really sad face at the moment, "Let's not forget each other. I'm sorry, I couldn't handle your issues with women anymore. I know you're not like that. I just... couldn't stop overthinking. We'll go separate ways, it'll be really hard for the both of us if we stay caged in this unhealthy relationship. It's best if we... just meet again at our best someday."

"I'm sorry for giving you hard times, Guin."

Guinevere smiled, "Yes, me too. We both have trust issues. You don't want me with other men and I don't want you with other girls too. I don't know if I can handle us in this state where we don't get to see each other's--"

Gusion reached for her cheeks, "I get it already, Guin. Don't cry, I love you more than you ever know. My love for you is like the universe, it keeps expanding. But I'll let you go... for your peace of mind, and for my sake as well. Let's see each other again, where both of us are mature enough to embrace every flaws of a relationship."

Guinevere nodded, "Such a lame excuse to break up--but no, we're doing this for our sake. Thank you, Gusion, for understanding me."

"And thank you, for being honest with me. Always know that I love you no matter what."

Just in time for Guinevere's car to arrive. They hugged each other for the last time. Their orbs met, gazing at each other with sadness and at the same time at last freedom. This is not lame, this is maturity, this is for the both of them. They separated, Guinevere took her steps back and Gusion stood still.

But before they could finally turn their backs, Guinevere rushed back to him. She handled him the strawberry shortcake she made herself, with tears in her eyes, she spoke; "This is your favorite, I made it. Congratulations on your graduation."

Gusion accepted the cake and pat her head, "I'm sorry, I have nothing to give to you. I lost... myself the moment you said you--" He sighed, trying to compose himself, "Don't worry, I'll make it up to you the next time. Congratulations on your graduation, top 1."

Guinevere smiled, "No problem. I'm sorry again, Gusion. Good bye!"

Gusion nodded and pinched her cheeks for the last time, "Be a good girl. See you again, Goodbye..."

Guinevere ran to the car, if she don't run away from him that instant. She'll really break down. Before finally entering the car, she looked back at him and yelled; "Strawberry shortcake is now my favorite too, thanks to you!"

Gusion chuckled. The she finally entered the car and went away. His tears finally escaped, he smiled, "I love you, too. I love you so damn much I can't imagine not being able to talk to you anymore. I will miss you. Congratulations, my love. We made it... together. I never thought we'll turn out like this. But I'm glad we turned out like this, I promise to be better. I promise to be a better man you deserve and a man that deserves you." He finally got to spill his thoughts, but she was not there to hear him anymore.

I love you, Guinevere Baroque. Thank you for the strawberry shortcake, it became my favorite too, because of you.
--

It happened so fast, five years had passed, Guinevere's finally in Manila. She was destined there so she was required to look for a place. After booking a hotel to spend a night, she roamed around the city to look for a place. She's looking for an apartment for good-- well probably not until she raise enough money to build her own house.

But before directing to look for an apartment, she took the alleyway to the nearest bakery she saw. Her eyes sparkled the moment she saw the last strawberry shortcake left.

"Strawberry shortcake please."

Her heart thumped loud when she heard another voice. She didn't get to look around that moment, she was depressed. Freaking morning, she'll fight for this cake, she's been there first! She can't believe she just had a rival in the very morning, she doesn't want arguments but she's up to have one just for the sake of the poor cake.

When she turned around, she almost lost it, her eyes dilated, her vision got blurry at some point and when it got lucid again-- her heart hammered like real shit. Behold, the ever looking gorgeous famous man in the industry is now in front of her, smiling like an idiot, as if he's fascinated and amused by her reaction.

"It's been years, I'm better now. Can I take you back?" He said, not holding back, pouring every feeling he kept for years. Finally, he saw her emerald eyes again. And she's up for a strawberry shortcake again, she never changed.

"What the--"

He walked towards her, "Nah, I won't argue with you. I'm not here to take the cake, so the cake is yours, my love. I'm here...to take you back."

Behold, Gusion Paxley has showed himself--to reclaim what's his. And that's no other than the ever gorgeous goddess Guinevere Baroque, who's still drooling over the strawberry shortcake.
***

You see, I still really don't have the spirit I had back then. I don't know, I can't find it. I'm still lacking something, I can't write fully what I want to write. My heads in chaos rn, thank your for bearing with me at the moment. I'm still looking for that pen I used to write y'know.

I AM OPEN FOR REQUEST. THIS IS GUINEVERE X EVERYONE, WHO DO YOU WANT TO SHIP HER NEXT? AND WHAT DO YOU WANT TO HAPPEN?