FOUR

Jacob was standing at the door of the sanctuary when I arrived. His face looked better. The media department had done a good job concealing his wounds.
I stared at his bright and happy eyes, I just couldn't get over how this boy gets to church everyday before anyone else.

                "Did you find her?" I asked moving closer to him.

He looked at me confused. "Who?"

Frustrated by his intentional forgetfulness, I blinked my eyes repeatedly, hoping to convey my message successfully without saying too much.

            "Your friend of course." He still gapped at me.

            "Common! The unique girl jor! I blurted out after I saw he wasn't playing along.
His head nodded. "Oh that?"

              "Yes. That."

              "Sorry, I haven't seen her." He gave me a raised eyebrow answer.

I moved closer. "When you see her, let me know!"

            "But you saw her recently." He cut my purposeful strides before I could enter the sanctuary.

I cursed under my breath. "Just do as you've been told." I snarled without sparing him a glance.

Not waiting to see his reaction, I raced into the church with my PAs following me. It wouldn't surprise me if my son went about his usual church activities and ignored my instructions.

          One thing was sure, the church was Jacob's heart. He wouldn't lose it for anything in the world.
Being the volcanic prayer fire altar of the family, I consoled myself that one day God would use him to save me too.
The way he blended into ministry shocked my wife and I.  He had proven that he is a natural and blended into ministry at a tender age.

He knew what he wanted and went off studying theology in the university.
I didn't protest as much as his mom did. As long as his decisions favored the church, I was all for it.
Even though he was yet to graduate, the church had become his second home.

          When he left the house early this morning, I knew he would be in church early preparing for 'Night of Strategic Worship and Healing Service'. He greeted me and continued to practice with the choir.

They had been at it for three days. I shook my head at the almost worn out singers. The bags under their eyes showed they haven't had a good night rest.
Jacob will sure keep them on their toes. Hopefully, they will get some sleep after tonight's service.

       Our monthly 'Night of  Strategic Worship and Healing ' (NOSWAH) attracted tens of thousands of people from everywhere.
Jacob had learnt not to take the Holy spirit for granted. He spent time fasting, praying and practicing with his team for days, sometimes even weeks.

With my key card in hand, I unlocked my office. The smell of pine sol hit my nostrils. Someone had freshly cleaned my office.
My secretary was at it again, doing jobs outside his job description. I made a mental note to increase his salary and give him a surprise bonus before the week ran out.

          Searching through the scriptures I poured my heart into preparing the word for the night, when a quick knock tapped my door. I knew it was Jacob, He had a unique way of knocking.
I asked the intruder to come in. He stood at the door, his six foot frame competing with the length of the door.

         "Long man, come in please." I said, smiling.

His steps were precise and slow. At that point I knew he had a message from the Lord. I pointed at a chair, signaling him to sit. He eased his weight into the chair directly opposite me.