TWENTY TWO

We all heaved a sigh of relief for now. Unique, overwhelmed by the  unfolding events of the day, slumped on the couch,  Nelson as well. Nelson is what you call an aggressive intercessor, few words, but more prayer.
As he shook on the floor, we glanced at ourselves, our understanding defining the moment.
Daniel ran to him and placed his head in his hands and began to pray. I imagined that Shukura had acquired a vessel from among us.

        "So fast?" Chuks asked. I lowered my head.  We were being persecuted from every side. Everything seems to be working to distract and drain the plan and purpose of God for our lives.

As Daniel prayed, we joined him. Nelson's body jerked in quick succession, moving his head from side to side and aggressively pulling his hand to the back of his body. His eyes rolled into his head.
The veins of his head now visible. His mouth gaped in a silent scream. We couldn't control his body as things were moving rather too quickly.

     "Stop it! You are frying him. If you continue to pray, he will explode right here and now!" It was Unique's voice that rang out above the sound of our prayers.
One look at her, we ignored her, went back praying with deeper intensity than before. Nelson's body lifted off the floor, still jerking and positioned itself at the center of the room.

    The rest of off running and screaming. It was a scene of unmitigated chaos. Ezekiel and Daniel unafraid, went  to the  body and accelerated their prayers.
I signaled Unique to move the center table out of the way, so that Nelson's body won't be meeting with a worse situation when he recovers.

Most of team continued to scream, some even whimpered.  Nelson's body refused to stay still, hence the spontaneous jerking.
Soon, he calmed a bit and the rest of the team began to join in the chorus of fearful Amens.

         "Out of him now! ..... Out! Out!.... In Jesus name! " Ezekiel and Daniel shouted in unison repeatedly, with the group shouting a low grade Amen.

Low muffled growl came out of Nelson's mouth, followed by a thick cloud of red smoke gushing out of his mouth. Minutes passed by, it was still coming out.
Soon afterwards, the red smokey thing left him. He landed on the floor with a thud from the height he'd been suspended to, completely passed out,  his normal color returned.
We all knelt down in worship to the most gracious God.

        We left Unique's house as the clouds beckoned the night. Nelson had woken up two hours later, disoriented and weak.Unique offered him warm chocolate.
After we had prayed with Unique and anointed ourselves, we all made our way back to the church.

          My father's rage filled face alarmed me of impending trouble. He stood boldly right by the church campus gate, waiting.
Three of his body guards stood in the evening shade with him.

As soon as he saw us, he stood with his hands behind him. That was all I need to know that this wasn't just trouble, but war. "Where are you coming from?"
I and my friends greeted him but he didn't respond, focusing on me. I caught his unsteady movements, he was trying to hide his true nature from his guards and......oh well, us. 

Even at that, i knew he would never show himself here. He was very particular about what people thought of him.

        "We visited a friend." I answered truthfully.

His eyes went to his watch, " At this time of the night?"

We stole quick glances at each other. "The prayers took us into the night." Ezekiel explained.

He shot him a deadly gaze, before pining his eyes on my face.
My eyes caught his body vibrate silently. His body glowed round his neck and wrist. I was sure that he glowed all over. If not for the flowing kaftan he wore, it would have been more pronounced.