NINETEEN

Our cumulative experiences showed God could use anyone, as long as you are willing. He will love you as long as you love him. My brain flashed on proverbs 8:17 immediately.

      While they were sharing experiences and ideas, I flattened my self on the floor in reverence to God. In submission to his wisdom and abilities. It broke me that my spiritual life had been tailored to work in a limited way, to attain only a limited height.

    The illusion that crippled my mind began to give way and my eyes opened to the unlimited workings of God. We had toiled in the place of prayer, praying for hours till it was 6pm.
I retired to my office, where I prepared myself for the all night vigil with the ministers. The students from the minstrel school would be joining us for the night. I needed sleep so I could prepare for the night.

          My rest lasted for approximately four hours. I woke up refreshed. My footsteps paced to the grocery store in the campus, as I searched for what to eat before the vigil.
I grabbed some peanuts and sparkling water. Added some bread and fruits to my shopping basket.
Suddenly, I heard my name from behind. I didn't turn my head. I knew the voice, I just shook my head and ignored the caller.

        "Pastor Jacob,  it's nice to see you." A familiar voice spoke.

The excitement that came with it reeked of falsehood and manipulation.
I slowly turned around and there she was, standing before me wearing a free flowing African print gown. Her face void of make up.

        "Hey, sister Unique, Its been a while." I observed, making contact eye contact.

I knew that was my first line of defense against her manipulative spirit.
She lowered her eyes, searching for whatever on the floor.
After hours praying and fortifying myself in the spirit, I even caught her hands shaking in my presence.

        "Yes Pastor, Its really been a while. I've been busy with work and life." She paused, glancing backwards. "Are here with someone?" I asked, sensing her fight to continue to stand with me.

She turned to face me again. "Erm, No....Well, Yes.... My friends, they are in the car. " I nodded. 

          "But how are have you been Pastor?" She went back into her game, still avoiding my gaze.

Wait!  I don't get it. Why is she referring to me as pastor? I'm simply known as Bro. Jacob.

         "My reasons for referring to you as a pastor is personal, so drop it!" She snapped.

I Shrugged, noting she stole my thoughts again. I decided not to engage her.

        "Haven't seen you in church for a while now, Are you alright?" I asked, searching her face which was still slightly hidden under her hair.

       "Erm, Yes. But will attend the emergency worship session today. She said, her eyes going through the products on the shelves.

     "What 'emergency worship session?" I asked, confused.

     "The media team sent out an email to everyone on the mailing list. A group of fire brand young ministers would be ministering, including the minstrels."  She have up the information gleefully. Her eyes staring at me.

Shocked, I looked at her in bewilderment. "That can't be. It just can't. That program was supposed to be......" I stopped, halting my words before I fail basic Pastoral ethics.

        "Wait, wait, .... Oh my! You didn't know about it?  She snarled. " Are you not part of the decision counsel in your fathers church?"

The Holy spirit came on me immediately and cut off every shade of anger in me. So in response, I gave her a very happy chuckle. The devil cannot come and pour sand sand into my garri.
Dazed, she gazed at me with a twitched shocked expression. "You are not angry?"