TWENTY

Service ended at 6:45am. Half of the people were already gone, some still on the floor. The ministers retired to their hostels. I went home to my pain.
My parents were up early seated in the sun room, I took it that they never got any sleep even though they got home early. I greeted them and walked straight to my room. 

A package was on my bed. A red box wrapped with a milk color ribbon. I took stock of my room checking if anything was out of place. The bathroom business took me ten minutes.
The parcel on my bed bothered me so much because I didn't order for anything and was expecting nothing.
Because of this, I went out in search of Stan.  He was doing his laundry when I got there.

         "Thank God Jacob! You came back?" Stan clapped in excitement, lifting his hands in thanks to God.  "I thought you left home for good."  He chirped, smiling. I caught on to his joke.

          "No,  You know God's business is Jacob's business." I replied, returning his smile.
     "You doing okay sir? I genuinely asked."

He robbed his head  and his shoulders slumped. "It's Lena, your parents fired her."

     "Don't worry about it. Her role here is not finished. She's an angel sent here for a time like this, so she's not going anywhere till her mission is complete."

Stan just stared me as if he didn't believe my words. " I don't think it will be that easy. She's already packing."

I waved his words off. "Its not going to happen. She's not going anywhere."

      "If you say so. " He replied, still looking sullen.

Minutes passed and I watched him finish folding his clothes in silence. Then the reason why I came this way resurrected in my head.

       "Please, so do you know who left a package on my bed?" I asked.

        "Ah! A smile crossed his face. " I believe its the key to your new car. Its even in garage. Very brand new."

The shock hit me like hail stones. "That can't be! We talked about this."

Stan stopped what he was doing and stared at me in surprise. "Its a car o! Not some fast food junk. You should be happy."

My head lifted to meet the old man's inquisitive gaze. "You won't understand, you just won't."

Before he could reply, I stepped away in anger and on a mission to find my parents.

         Back in my room, I harvested red gift box and planted it in the dinning room where they could see it.  Then I made a note thanking them and at the same time rejecting the offer.
My parents and I decided already that there won't be a need for a car until I hear clearly from God.
Yet they went against our agreement and  did the opposite. And yes, I was aware this was a bribe. To keep me quiet, but I won't be failing for it.

Next, I went up to Lena's room and prayed with her. We talked about our spiritual lives and prayer strategies.
It was quite an awesome conversation. Then I apologized on my parents behalf and assured her that her stay was still on.

        The welfare department had sent Unique's contact to me. I quickly stored it on my phone and made a mental not to follow up with her and some other people
Picking a few things from my wardrobe, I took a picture of my room.

My mother had been coming into my room consistently these days. I would get home to find  my things rearranged and moved from their positions. My paranoia of sleeping at home got heightened.

          The other day, she quietly came into my room. I pretended to be asleep. After she was done digging through my things, she sprinkled some form of liquid in the room and left.
I got up and went to sleep in the guest room. From that day on, I always took pictures of my room. I'd even thought of installing cameras in my sleeping quarters.